WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR NURSES!
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM AVAILABLE!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE COMMUNITY!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Virtual RN is an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) working as part of a multidisciplinary team supporting general care processes, providers, and patients in an ambulatory community-based setting. The RN is responsible for evaluating and assessing patient’s health care needs based on nurse assessment, clinical judgment, nurse process and evidence-based clinical support tools. The RN will provide appropriate disposition and timely follow up, per telephone triage policy. The RN must meet minimum quality and productivity standards as defined by Westside Family Healthcare.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
1. Provide telephonic clinical assessment, health education and utilization management services across the life span,
2. Care coordination for patients, including prior authorization; identifying and seeking solutions for barriers to care
3. Provide telephonic triage for patients seeking care with multiple complaints
4. Assessment and provision of care using telecommunication devices
5. Application of the nursing process in telehealth care
6. Delivery of culturally sensitive, age-specific care to identified populations
7. Use of clinical decision support tools
8. Provide effective therapeutic communication, counsel and crisis management
9. Handle multiple in bound calls and ability to complete out-bound calls
10. Other duties as assigned.
1.Graduate of an accredited college or school of nursing with an Associates’ degree in nursing
2.Active, unencumbered Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Delaware or compact state
3.Proficient with technology
4.Two years of work experience in an ambulatory care, emergency services, med/surg, and/or pediatrics