COME JOIN OUR TEAM AND RECEIVE $1000 in SIGN-ON BONUSES!*
Do you want to be a role model to children, supporting and encouraging them to reach their full potential?
Are you looking for meaningful work where you make a difference in the lives of children on a regular basis?
Do you enjoy challenging work, helping people, and learning something new each day?
If you said yes to any of those questions, we think you’ll LOVE working at Pine Tree Society!
Our team is passionate about helping develop our participants' self-motivation and self-awareness as well as meeting sensory needs and increasing gross and fine motor skills.
As a Educational Technician at Pine Tree Society's Early Learning Center, you will be responsible for assisting the teacher in implementing/providing a modified program for preschool children with special needs in a classroom environment. You will act as a positive role model, support and encourage increased levels of achievement to reach the child's potential, and assist in reducing behaviors which interfere with achievement of established goals as prescribed by their individualized Education Program.
We are urgently hiring for this position. Our hours are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a total of 32 hours/week.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health ($0-$45 premiums every 2 weeks), dental ($0 for team members), life, short-term disability (both Society-paid), and voluntary insurances as well as a generous paid time off (PTO) policy (15 days/year to start), 11 paid holidays, a 403(b) retirement plan and a friendly and professional workplace atmosphere focused on impact. EOE.
*$350 will be granted after completion of conditional offer requirements and 30 days as a Society team member. An additional $650 will be awarded after 6 months of continued and successful employment!
Qualifications; knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must be an individual with an interest in working with young children in a supportive, meaningful way.
• Must be a reliable, dependable and conscientious person with good basic job skills.
• Must pass all required background checks including, but not limited to: motor vehicle, criminal, Adult Protective Services, Child Protective Services, US DHHS Fraud Prevention and Protection (OIG) and MaineCare background checks.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Possess a minimum of an Educational Technician I Certification from the Maine Department of Education or be eligible to become Ed Tech I certified and have experience in early care and education.
• Actual training and/or experience in early childhood education or early childhood special education is preferred.
• Certification in First Aid/CPR (can be provided by the Society after hire).
• Certification in Safety Care Behavioral Safety Training (can be provided by the Society after hire).