Do you take pride in providing exceptional customer service? Do you want to work the day- shift only? The store closes at 6:00 pm.
Do you want to work for a company that appreciates its employees and has been serving the community for over 86 years?
Come join the team at Norfolk Hardware and Home Center! This role primarily will work within Lumber, stocking building materials, assisting customers with pickups, and will be a backup Delivery Driver as needed delivering hardware products to customer's homes and commercial sites.
Norfolk Hardware & Home Center is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, motivated, hardworking team players who strive to provide the best customer experience. If you join our team, you will work in an exciting and fast-paced environment to deliver hardware products including basic home improvement supplies, paints, ice melt, etc. to the customer’s home or office. Norfolk prioritizes a positive customer experience, and you will be key to providing excellent customer service with each delivery.
When you are not on the road, they will be working on the floor and in the lumber department at the hardware store helping customers, assisting with products and their projects, and making NHHC the BEST place to work! Bring a positive can-do attitude to work each day.
Candidate must have:
- Be physically fit to perform daily deliveries and regularly lift 45-60 lbs. Up to 100 lbs. with a 2-person lift
- Be able to maintain a valid DOT medical card. (we will arrange an appointment)
- Be able to demonstrate safe driving habits and pass a road test.
- Have good communication and customer service skills.
- Have knowledge of state laws
- Be able to read and comprehend English.
- Be able to perform other duties as assigned
- Be able to use handheld devices for delivery record keeping as well as check texts and emails as needed.
- Knowledge of home building materials (lumber, paint, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Have 2+ years of home delivery driving experience preferably within the Eastern MA/Metro Boston area.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record. No accidents within the last 5 years.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy stand.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. without assistance and 100 lbs. with 2 person lift
- Able to sit for long periods of time while making deliveries
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Bilingual helpful.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and night vision (based on job tasks).
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy.
- Almost always exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Frequently required to walk distances over 200 yards both flat surface and construction sites
- Frequently required to lift and securely carry fragile items of 80+ pounds for a moderate distance.
- Frequently required to climb stairs to deliver products.
- Frequently exposed to heavy equipment such as delivery vehicles or fork trucks.
- Able to wear work boots, hard hat, safety glasses, safety vests as required by delivery location.
The Norfolk Companies consists of Norfolk Hardware and Home Center, Norfolk Kitchen and Bath, and Northeast Cabinet and Countertop Distributors. Norfolk Hardware and Home Center is a full-service hardware store and home center located in Boston.
Northeast Cabinet and Countertop Distributors is a manufacturing business specializing in the production of cabinets, countertops, and custom case work.
The Norfolk Companies was founded in 1934. We have been in business for over 88 years and continue to grow year after year. Come and be part of this fun, fast paced, family atmosphere.
The Norfolk Companies provide competitive benefits including medical & dental insurance, 401k with a generous company match, Paid Time Off, uniforms, free company fitness center (at our Braintree location), and voluntary vision, life & short-term disability insurance.