This is a key position within the company to help drive cohesive effort to ensure that the D-Tech Rotary Steerable Tool runs properly and effectively at every job. To provide support for the Operations Manager, as well as the manned and unmanned sites that the D-Tech tools are on.
The incumbent will be accountable for the following functions and responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing remote operations support on assigned rigs, support the Technical Field Representative, and support the rig while the Technical Field Representative is on down-time.
- Responsible for the following:
- Early detection of drilling hazards and performing the appropriate warning procedures to prevent failures.
- Assist with communication throughout organization when a field incident occurs.
- Collect drilling data and sort out the information to better improve the process.
- Document operational failures and issues while on duty and submit lessons learned to supervisor.
- Ensure daily report of rigs monitored, issues encountered, and rig statuses are submitted accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and field staff to gain knowledge of well conditions, share information and daily activities.
- Filter false alarms while monitoring drilling parameters and well trajectory, check and ensure correct well plan is being used.
- Maintain constant communication with field hands to ensure quality, reliability, and consistency of data being transmitted, to gain knowledge of well conditions.
- Must know, understand, and comply with all safety rules, company policies, and the operating and technical procedures.
- Provide technical support regarding the following:
- BHA design
- Bit selection
- Drilling parameters and optimization
- Shock and vibe mitigation
- Proper tool operation.
- Build strong relationships with customers by working closely with them to become an integral part of their processes to measure and improve performance.
- Will work a 12.5-hour shift for any day of their rotation and have the ability to work rotating shift work including holidays, weekends, and night shifts.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within physical constraints of the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply you must meet the following criteria:
- 5-7 Years of industry experience or a degree in engineering preferred
- Minimum of 3-4 Years of experience in field operations (Directional Drilling, M/LWD, RSS)
- Extensive knowledge of down hole tools, directional drilling operations and thorough knowledge of well planning.
- Ability to develop and perform trend analysis on data sets and be able to follow a well path and compare with the plan and perform hydraulics, torque, and drag analysis.
- The ability to learn, to process thoughts and apply knowledge, to analyze and reason, and to evaluate and make appropriate decisions to achieve business goals and solve problems with a certain degree of creativity and latitude. Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and timelines in a fluid environment, bearing high levels of responsibility and accountability while keeping the best interests of the business in sight. An attention to detail, ability to deliver quality reports on jobs, able to prioritize, and work independently with little supervision or as a team. Flexibility to adjust to work routines, as required, to meet the needs of the company.
- Ability to maintain the highest standard of personal conduct in performing all duties and the ability to work well with all levels of employees or customers while being service oriented and having a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers. Ability to speak, read, and write in the English Language fluently. Have good communication skills, both verbal and written, especially in business writing.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Excel is required. Must know how to operate basic office equipment, such as a copier/printer/scanning machine. Familiar with BHA analysis software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk/travel to drilling sites while wearing the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment when required (i.e. safety glasses or side shields, closed toe shoes, steel-toe footwear, etc.); sit and/or stand for long periods of time; up to 12 hours a day, lift a minimum of fifteen (15) pounds Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
All employees have a responsibility to do everything they can to prevent injury to themselves, their fellow employees and others that may be affected by their actions or omissions at work. Employees are expected to become familiar and follow Company’s safety policies and procedures and immediately report any incidents that may lead to injury or environmentally unsound conditions that could lead to an incident. Employees should ensure they use any equipment in accordance with the training and instruction received, inform their Team Leader or Manager of any serious or imminent danger, and ensure good housekeeping is maintained within their workspace.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the job described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign additional tasks for the employee to perform as the Company may deem appropriate.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.