R2i is a leading independent digital agency seeking highly motivated new business development talent to join our team. Must be a hunter at heart, yet consultative and solution-oriented in approach.
We’re looking for self-starters that thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. The ideal director of new business development is a naturally ambitious individual that isn’t afraid to leverage your rolodex. focus of this role is understanding the value of R2i’s full suite of services to drive new business revenue growth.
The digital landscape is in a constant state of change requiring an understanding industry trends and the ability to adapt go-to-market solutions to keep pace with the evolving demands of the industries R2i serves. Experience in digital agency services, enterprise marketing technology and a competitive knowledge of the marketing landscape is critical to hit the ground running in this role. From identifying new clients to translating business challenges into differentiated R2i solutions, our goal is to leverage a combination of R2i’s services to solve today’s complex digital marketing challenges. If you have a creative and technical mindset and are passionate about creating better outcomes in customer experience, digital marketing and digital enablement R2i is the agency for you!
Position reports to Chief Commercial Officer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience in building significant revenue growth selling digital agency products and services
- Proven prospecting capabilities to build qualified opportunity funnel that converts into profitable R2i clients
- Established approach in developing a comprehensive growth plan with demonstrated outcomes
- Solution-based and consulting selling experience
- Understanding of enterprise marketing platforms including Salesforce, Adobe, Sitecore, Acquia/Drupal, Marketo, Oracle, IBM Marketing Cloud, E-commerce or similar cloud-based product(s)
- Competitive knowledge/ understanding of how target clients can leverage enterprise marketing technology as a competitive differentiator (including: CRM, E-Commerce, Content Management, Asset Management, Targeting, Analytics, Media Optimization and Campaign Management)
- Established relationships with service and technology partners, systems integrators, and other channel partners
- Ability to translate business challenges into differentiated R2i solutions by understanding the full suite of R2i services and combination of services to drive better value to our clients
- Possesses an existing network of senior-level client relationships and successfully builds new relationships with key brands and targets
- Understands various industries, as well as, B2B and B2C marketing
- Ability to lead cross functional team to support solution development and recommendations to drive the sales process
- Drives sales pipeline and actively maintains sales forecast in Salesforce
- Ensures contract compliance, standards and strong negotiation skills
- Ensures a seamless transition from sales to service delivery
- Travel is required
- 8+ years in a similar role, professional sales and marketing business experience
- Experience selling Adobe products (i.e. AEM, Marketo, Target, Analytics...) or experienced in partnering with Adobe
- Track record of target quota achievement
- Demonstrated sales and business development success in like organization (consulting, digital agency, marketing services, marketing technology)
- Experience selling enterprise marketing technologies and digital agencies services
- Strong written and communication skills - can write an RFP or a new business presentation in his/her sleep
- Advanced Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and Sales Management software (i.e., Salesforce.com)
- Experience leading, and winning, new business pitches with polished presentation and verbal skills
- Manages sales activities and process in an organized and collaborative manner
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and positively adds to the R2i culture
- Embodies R2i values: accountable, driven, innovative, passionate and fun!