GENERAL SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant will work with the Property Management Department and other office staff in the general administration of the Property Manager Office guidelines. This position is for the Berks Senior Living Facility located on 8th and Berks, the ideal candidate has experience in providing excellent customer service, is a self starter and exceptionally organized. The Administrative Assistant will comply with established policies and procedures and not take any action to such guidelines without authorized approval.
- Responsible for reception area, handle large volume of telephone activity in a pleasant professional and proficient manner; good organizational skills, receptionist for Property Manager and staff, documenting messages received and transferring all incoming calls.
- Independent self starter; responsible for typing all in-house/outside memos, letters, reports, narrative and statistical.
- Maintain general office files for the properties.
- Prepare and maintain complete residents list by phone numbers and projects.
- Assist in the process of resident’s selection.
- Accept and maintain work order files and log.
- Maintains calendar of events for the department, and schedule meetings, coordinates appointments for staff and Property Manager.
- Distributes correspondence and other office mail including Federal Express or UPS and keep certain materials under lock.
- Prepares request forms for supplies needed by the Property Manager and staff.
- Prepare and maintain Property Management equipment inventory.
- Assist to prepare and maintain with all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to the various government agencies and investors.
- Prepare housing application packages for residents and new applicants.
- In conjunction with the Property Manager schedule open house application days for prospective tenants, review the return application for qualification and residency.
- Implement all of the occupancy requirements.
- Receive and process the application from the residents.
- Establish a file for each returned application.
- In conjunction with the Property Manager collect and copy the necessary document from the residents to complete recerts.
- Maintain a consolidated waiting list up to date by units and advise the Property Manager of its status.
- Prepare correspondence for the new applicants advising them of their application status.
- Implementation, participation and maintenance of the properties procedures manual.
- Attend seminars as required by APM.
- Refer residents in need of assistance to the social services department and other related agencies.
- Periodically participate in the annual unit inspection as necessary.
- Input and/or preparation of the property’s newsletter and residents handbook when required.
- Distribute mail to the various APM offices.
- Any other additional duties assigned by the Manager.
APM is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Bilingual/Bicultural (Spanish / English)
- Proficient level experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Publisher)
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years experience in related field
- Medical Insurance or $100/month medical insurance waiver reimbursement
- 403b retirement plan: 4% APM contribution PLUS 3% APM matching contribution
- 20 PTO Days
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short-term Disability