The carrier sales representative is responsible for building, maintaining, and booking transportation customer’s shipments with a network of qualified carriers. A successful carrier sales representative loves a fast pace, is extremely detail-oriented, has the ability to multi-task, a will-to-win, and is committed to provide outstanding service to all business partners.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistently recruit and book qualified carriers to safely transport shipments for customers by effectively making and receiving phone calls.
- Work as part of a team and as an individual to ensure all daily operational tasks are completed according to company and customer requirements.
- Learn and maintain competency with all systems, and successfully apply all rules, regulations, and industry or customer requirements.
- Actively monitor customer shipments and record event notes in the transportation management system with information obtained over the phone, via email, or text messages to ensure that the carrier and freight are on time and delivering as promised.
- Complete all required paperwork on time and according to policy.
- Locate, interpret, and apply transportation market data found from internal and external sources.
- Accurately and independently calculate buy and sell rates for shipments.
- Successfully negotiate prices with carriers that will provide benefits to all business partners.
- Resolve pickup, in-transit, and delivery-related problems in a timely, thorough way.
- Take prompt corrective action, while keeping immediate supervisor proactively and fully informed.
- Meets or exceed goals for expected behaviors. Maintain a respectful, positive working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Thrive in a high-paced and at times demanding or stressful environment.
- Able to meet or exceed productivity goals.
- Maintain reliable attendance according to schedule and policy.
- Operate in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Meet physical demands for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, include sitting or standing for long periods of time during the workday, close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, plus ability to clearly speak and hear both in person and over the telephone. Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, type on a computer and telephone; and reach with hands and arms.
- Positive spirit.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication proficiency.
- Excellent sales and customer service abilities.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times demanding environment
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of office and days are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. It is understood that this position must be responsive to needs after hours or on weekends.
Less than 5% travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree.
Experience in transportation or logistics industry.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Ecogistics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Ecogistics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Ecogistics expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ecogistics employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.