Welcome to Weavers Way!
Weavers Way is a not-for-profit organization that’s doing things differently to support our local community. As a member-owned co-op, we don’t exist just to make money. Weavers Way operates on a triple bottom line philosophy known as People-Planet-Profit - which means every action we take, we strive to benefit people (our community, employees, and local vendors), planet (we strive to be one of the most sustainable places around!), and profit (so we can support our team members and operate as a business). By joining us, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of keeping dollars in our local community, supporting over 300 local food vendors, and being a part of strengthening and enriching the people and planet around us.
If you have an enthusiasm for food, sustainability, or community support, we’d love to have you join the team. Weavers Way offers a variety of benefits, including very affordable medical, dental, and vision plans, a 401k with match, an employee discount, paid vacation and sick time, company-provided disability and life insurance, and more.
Join Us as Produce Clerk
If you are experienced in customer service/retail, then this could be the right fit for you! If you have experience working in a team setting, have a high standard of cleanliness and want to get involved with your community, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone that has flexibility in their schedule, as reasonable. Weekends are required as we are open seven days a week. If you're interested in finding out more, we would love to hear from you!
We have an excellent benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, retirement planning, and an employee discount.
Produce Clerk Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers and assisting them with questions, recommendations and reaching for items.
- Maintaining suitable inventory levels, ordering stock, receiving deliveries and noting discrepancies.
- Stocking produce and rotating fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Ensuring all produce is fresh and safe to eat.
- Removing produce that shows signs of spoilage.
- Setting up, maintaining and deconstructing product displays.
- Maintaining a clean and organized shopping environment.
- Following health regulations and safety standards.
- Performing any additional duties assigned by the store manager.
Produce Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of produce quality, hygiene, safety, and food preparation.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the job such as lifting and carrying heavy items, climbing ladders, squatting and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Receiving orders, stocking and facing product
- The ability to adapt to change quickly and multitask.
- Experience working in Produce is a big plus.