Pelletron, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is the global leading supplier for dust removal systems for plastic processors and plastics manufacturers. Besides the plastics industry, the dedusting technology is also used in the food, mineral and recycling industries. In 2003, the company began to expand into the pneumatic conveying field and developed a new pressure conveying process, trade named pellcon3®. Pelletron has a wide range of pneumatic conveying components such as rotary valves, diverter valves and shut-off valves, specially designed for conveying of pellets and powders. The Pellbow®, a special pipe elbow, another Pelletron invention, is used in the plastics industry to prevent dust and streamers in the conveying process.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for promotion and sales of Pelletron’s products in an assigned business segment or product line. Supporting responsibilities include business development, lead generation, and creation/execution of sales strategies. This position will report to the Director, Sales & Marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, coordinate and manage all sales activities in assigned business segment or product line.
- Lead quotation activity with support from other departments as required.
- Identify and quantify new areas of growth for sales of Pelletron products. Analyze data and define market areas where Pelletron has not fully leveraged opportunities and develop strategies to address.
- Quickly interpret customer’s inquiries and develop technically and commercially correct proposals ($5,000,000/year+ bookings target).
- Generate quotations for Pellbows, Mini-DeDuster®, DeDuster® systems and other related pneumatic conveying components.
- Develop and manage customer relationships by way of in-person meetings, group presentations, trade shows, telephone and email.
- Understand P&ID drawings, detailed engineering drawings and project specification documents related to engineered systems.
- Understand process flow diagrams and utilize them to illustrate solutions.
- Obtain quotations from sub-vendors ensuring fulfillment of customer specifications and design intent.
- Accurately process sales orders (SAP and other business processes) and lead kick off meetings to hand-off pre-sale knowledge to Project Engineering.
- Utilize CRM system (SalesForce).
- Maintain price lists, cost calculation sheets, sales drawings and templates under the direction of the Director, Sales & Marketing.
- Provide Director, Sales & Marketing with regular market analysis and other input toward general sales department strategy.
- Support and direct Representatives where present in assigned business segment or product line.
Qualifications and Work Experience
· 4-year degree in Business or Engineering with at least five years of related experience.
· Demonstrated ability to identify and develop new market areas with proven success.
· Ability to write proposals and produce other general business correspondence like sales reports and technical statements.
· Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
· Demonstrated, superior communication, teamwork and organization skills.
· Ability to use creativity to develop “out of the box” solutions for customers.
· Working knowledge of all major Microsoft Office programs, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· Familiar with Salesforce and SAP.
· Knowledge of pneumatic conveying technology equipment, bulk material handling equipment dust collection equipment and selling custom engineered systems is a plus.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.