Pelletron, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is the global leading supplier for dust removal systems for plastic processors and plastics manufacturers. Besides the plastics industry, the dedusting technology is also used in the food, mineral and recycling industries. In 2003, the company began to expand into the pneumatic conveying field and developed a new pressure conveying process, trade named pellcon3®. Pelletron has a wide range of pneumatic conveying components such as rotary valves, diverter valves and shut-off valves, specially designed for conveying of pellets and powders. The Pellbow®, a special pipe elbow, another Pelletron invention, is used in the plastics industry to prevent dust and streamers in the conveying process.
The Process & Service Engineer is responsible for start-up and technical service of Pelletron’s pneumatic conveying and Dedusting equipment. Additionally, they support process design, including generating P&IDs and Process Flow Diagrams. This position will report to the Director of Engineering and is located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide start-up and commissioning services for assigned projects;
- Travel as required to vendor and customer locations (domestic and international);
- Review all required technical documentation (i.e. P&IDs, sequence of operation, equipment drawings, general arrangement drawings, electrical wiring diagrams, specification sheets, and manuals for correctness before completing start-up or service visit;
- Create equipment start-up plan and other documentation, with support of Project Engineer, prior to start-up visit;
- Create written reports to document service and start-up activity;
- Support Process Engineering with AutoCAD Plant 3D models, 2D drawings, layout’s, P&ID’s, process flow diagrams and bill of materials based on written and/ or verbal instructions as required;
- Read and understand project documents including customer specifications;
- Support Process Engineering with sizing and selection of equipment in accordance with project specifications;
- Participate in Kick-Off meetings internally as well as externally as required to fully understand project and delivery requirements;
- Resolve customer queries, complaints, and warranty claims related to assigned projects in a timely and cost-effective manner, either on-site or remotely as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related field);
- Five (5) years of related experience and/or training in engineered systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience, ideally with pneumatic conveying;
- Experience and proven ability to use AutoCAD 2D and, preferably Plant 3D software;
- Microsoft Office proficiency required;
- Ability to read, interpret, and develop documents such as purchase orders, contracts, specifications, engineering reports, blueprints, office procedures, parts lists, and price book;
- Ability to write routine correspondence;
- Speak effectively, both one-on-one and in groups with vendors, customers, and employees;
- Experience with SAP preferred.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.