Over the past 30+ years, CRI has partnered with countless companies to create workplaces that become ecosystems for imagination, inspiration, and ideas.
In the landscape of ever-changing office design, we strive to create resilient workplaces that become launch pads for teams to feel excited, motivated, and encouraged to do their best work.
Our expertise is built upon a solid foundation of workplace strategy and furniture design, project management, and client advocacy. We are passionate about our values and strive to be an example of excellence in all that we do.
About the Role:
The Field Project Manager (FPM) is the CRI representative for our customers, installation partners and other 3rd party suppliers in the field. In this role they are responsible for managing the installation process of a given project including on-site supervision. Specifically, they oversee any installation subcontractors and other outside suppliers. They are responsible for the quality of the work, meeting agreed schedules and ensuring complete customer satisfaction for the work performed. They are also responsible for providing documentation, specifications, and all other pertinent details relating to any product issues, labor changes and/or field conditions to the internal team for resolution.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Respond to internal requests for FPM services and identifies scope of project FPM oversite requirements
- Interface with project principals, project managers, designers, and project coordinators during the “Kick Off” meeting when a project is initiated to provide subject matter expertise early in the project delivery process. On an as needed basis they communicate to the various team members throughout installation if there are any changes to project status, schedule and/or scope, to ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Provide installation technical consultation to team members, installers, customers, and suppliers as needed
- Perform plan checks to verify accuracy of technical design specifications and product counts vs. installation drawings/documentation as well as validate design application integrity
- Perform site surveys to include path of travel, elevator dimensions, field measurements of new and existing spaces, architectural elements and electrical/data/AV locations related to furniture installation coordination
- Identifies any potential site-specific issues
- Prepares inventory of existing product, as required
- Participate in planning and preparing delivery and installation micro-schedules
- Review drawings and installation requirements with lead installers prior to commencing installation work
- Attend project meetings as needed and communicate project information to team
Installation Coordination & Supervision
- Manage relationships onsite between General Contractor, Furniture Installers, and any other trades providing services under or in conjunction with CRI
- Supervise installation through site visits; reviews status, performance and schedule adherence with lead installer or point of contact through third party vendors
- Ensure that field paperwork is complete, accurate and processed in a timely manner (i.e. proof of delivery, change orders, product returned to the warehouse, packing slips, BOL’s etc.)
- Manage field change orders and changes to scope of work; secure customer approval and process paperwork, as required
Punch List/Installation Close-out
- Manage and lead punch walk upon project completion
- Develop punch list via Procore, to ensure a seamless handoff of the punch list package to the Project Coordinator, and is available for any punch related questions
- College degree preferred with a minimum of at least 2 years of project management experience in a related field. Furniture installation experience a plus.
- Self-starting, solution-oriented, energetic, analytical, strategic, creative, and results-oriented with a strong background in Project Management
- Exceptional organizational, administrative and communication skills
- Highly motivated and can manage their own work schedule with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, and sound judgment in business transactions, and provides the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Thorough understanding of installation; labor management, product assembly, material handling, staging, and sequencing of product, field paperwork, etc.
- In-depth product knowledge, including the ability to count and specify product from plans or existing workstations
- Basic knowledge of contract furniture processes: layout and planning, order preparation, order entry/management, project management, warehousing/delivery/installation
- Basic knowledge of third-party practice as it relates to installation implementation; interior construction, building management, furniture manufacturing, shipping logistics, electrical/cabling subcontracting, and building codes (as they relate to furniture)
This position requires visiting customer job sites. Must possess and maintain a current valid Driver’s License and Insurance and willingness to travel within the Bay Area. This position requires certain physical demands:
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to travel and to walk jobsites.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires standing, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and active construction job sites.
Additionally, at times a project will require you to be available early morning, evening and/or weekend work.
- Be a Good Human – Be kind, be respectful, be positive, have fun. We work hard, play hard and do the right thing.
- Be the Best Teammate – Roll up your sleeves, share wins and losses, approach creative problem solving collaboratively, be a no-ego doer. Together we are a force to be reckoned with.
- Be Inquisitive – Be engaged, find the why, value learning. Each day is a new opportunity to be better and put into practice the learning from the day before.
- Be a Design Thinker – Have empathy, question, ideate and solve. We encourage design thinking in all facets of our business.
- Be an Example of Excellence – Go above & beyond, show initiative, be proud. Expect the best of yourself and each other every day.
- Be Authentic – Live our values with your personality. We want you to be you!