Job Title: CNC Lathe & Mill Programmer, G-Code, M-Code
Direct Hire - Full-time (Monday through Friday)
Reports To: Manager of Manufacturing
Pay Range $ 23.00 - $28.00 an hour
MDC Precision is looking to hire a skilled CNC programmer to operate and maintain our CNC equipment. As a CNC programmer, you will be responsible for reading and interpreting technical blueprints, inputting the design specifications, adjusting the machine cutting paths, and performing quality checks on the final product. You may also be required to perform routine machine maintenance and troubleshoot any issues that arise during the manufacturing process.
To ensure success as a CNC Programmer, you should have extensive experience working in manufacturing, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work unsupervised.
Function & Responsibility
Setup/prototype machinist that is self-motivated and able to accomplish a high level of work without supervision to produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating CNC lathes, vertical turret lathes, and manual mills. You will work directly with welders on special projects including large vacuum weldments and chambers. Expected to handle all aspects of machining from start to finish, including deburring and detail work. Must maintain quality and safety standards. Experience with Doosan lathe with Fanuc controls.
MDC provides a wide range of competitive rewards and benefits to promote health, well-being, and financial security for our employees and their families including:
- Health & Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance, and wellness plans
- Insurance Protection – Life and disability insurance are available for additional security and peace of mind
- Financial & Savings – Competitive compensation, performance bonuses flexible spending accounts (FSA) and comprehensive 401K retirement plans to compensate our employees for their contributions help them plan, invest and build financial security
- Paid Holidays & Vacations, Flexible Schedules – Paid time-off and flexible schedules to help our people relax, recharge and achieve work-life balance
- Employee Recognition Programs – Recognition and rewards for our valued team’s hard work, celebrations of professional and personal achievements and milestones
- Ability to make edits and prove programs
- CNC programming at the controls
- Solid understanding of G-Code/M-Code
- Ability to read drawings/blueprints
- Selection of cutting tools, machine speeds, and feed rates according to machine capabilities and work holding
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Carry out daily/weekly preventative maintenance
- Practice good housekeeping (5S)
- Communicate all defects and scrap
- Notify supervisor of any problems in manufacturing products or safety issues
- Shop math skills - geometry and trig
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively
- Ability to lift at least 75lb, bend, stoop, reach, and stand for an extended period
- Use of PPE (personal protective equipment) and safe lifting techniques
- Familiarity with pre/post-weld machining
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Preference is given to candidates with:
- High vacuum (UHV) experience (knowledge of high vacuum surface finish requirements).
- Superior knowledge of GD&T and ability to interpret feature control blocks (ASME Y14).
- Superior English language skills –both spoken and written.
- Precision manufacturing experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent; AA/AS degree in engineering/manufacturing preferred.
- 5+ years of shop experience required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.