This is a hands-on position for the company’s cost accounting function, with focus on Product Costing, Cost Variance Analysis and Reporting. The position requires a solid understanding of manufacturing operations, the materials, labor and overhead variances and production work orders throughout the various stages of the production cycle.
- Establish Bills of Materials and Process Routers for new parts in the ERP system.
- Evaluate manufacturing cost drivers with the Engineering & Operations
- Update BOMs and Routers for changes in manufacturing methods & processes.
- Implement changes in standard costing process within the ERP system.
- Develop product cost and profitability analyses to identify cost savings and process improvements.
- Perform periodic Cost rolls and calculation of Direct Labor & OH rates for multiple sites.
- Close weekly Production Orders, resolve issues with IT and Manufacturing
- Complete monthly reconciliation of Inventory accounts at multiple locations.
- Provide executive management with analysis on manufacturing margins by product line by site.
- Review monthly Trial Balances and resolve material manufacturing accounts variances for multiple locations.
- Support the financial reporting deadlines with timely costs analysis.
- Support the various audits (Bank, Government, Financial) with cost accounting analysis and schedules.
- Partner with Manufacturing to conduct regular inventory cycle count program and annual Physical Inventory.
- Review daily Consignment Consumptions to ensure proper invoicing & cash receipts are properly applied.
- Analyze E&O reserve and make recommendations to management to ensure provision is sufficient.
- Perform other duties related to cost accounting areas and related General Accounting areas as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Possess a strong command of cost accounting analytics in a fast growing manufacturing environment
- Can work effectively cross functionally, especially with Engineering & Operations departments
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong excel skills & excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task well under pressure of competing demands to meet deadlines
- Is a team player and is a highly motivated self-starter
- Have a positive attitude towards problems solving and comfortable with ambiguity
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience in Cost Accounting using Standard Cost
- Strong command of Cost Accounting Principles
- 4 days each week on site in the east bay office