General Description: Support the vision and core values of Columbia Academy while actively seeking to improve the school community. Build a sense of belonging with everyone entering the school and initiate new family relationships. Create a rigorous learning environment for students, help them develop as individuals as well as master the subjects they need to succeed. Develop and implement lesson plans that are tailored to students’ interests and strengths. Be a life-long learner who is a role model to the students and helps develop students’ unique talents and instill in them a passion for learning and growing.
Essential Job Functions:
Fundamental to all Columbia Academy Team Members
It is essential that you carry out your responsibilities in a professional manner and you believe in and exhibit the company’s core values.
- Pursue Excellence- Constantly seek personal and professional growth. There is always a better way to think, to act, and to be.
- Committed to Community- Be a team player. Seek what is best for the team and community around you. Be a good citizen.
- Be Admirable-Choose humility, honesty, and integrity. Be true to your word. Exude gratitude. Celebrate the success of others.
- Do the right thing- Be accountable for your actions. Have the courage to spark change. Maintain a positive and peaceful environment.
- Spread Joy- Laugh. Have fun. Be kind, appreciative, positive, warm, and welcoming. Make others feel good.
- Deliver and distribute mail between locations
- Coordinate daily with kitchen staff and deliver lunch to preschool locations
- Return food cambros to kitchen daily
Operations and Relationships
- Present a positive image of Columbia Academy to the community through all activities
- Provide excellent customer service
- Follow direction and be a team player
- Take initiative to better support the needs of the company
- Regularly communicate with Kitchen Staff and School Administration
- Demonstrate willingness to accept change
Hours for Position: Monday - Friday 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent time management
- Practice safe driving and adhere to all traffic and safety laws
Education and Experience
- High School or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Professional presentation
- US citizen or current work visa
- Clean and valid driver’s license (CDL a plus)
- 18+ years of age
- State of MD and FBI fingerprint supported background clearance