Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Administrative Manager will be an instrumental part of the leadership team. They will ensure Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) operates with efficiency while complying with its by-laws and regulations associated with local, state and federal funding sources. The Administrative Manager is responsible for oversight and management of compliance, procurement and contract functions, and for identification, development and implementation of new and existing internal policies. This role has the opportunity to grow into internal legal counsel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee procurement of subrecipients, contractors and vendors. Revise and manage the procurement process and procurement tools as necessary to promote fair and open competition, consistent and informed evaluation of bidders and innovation and flexibility. Ensure DESC is fully compliant with federal, State of Michigan and local procurement policies.
- Oversee establishment and execution of contracts with selected subrecipients, contractors and other vendors. Revise boilerplate contract language where appropriate and ensure consistency with respect to contract initiation, modification, renewal and termination. Ensure full compliance with funding source regulations related to language, content and structure of contracts. Manage Procurement and Contracts Specialist.
- Oversee fiscal and programmatic monitoring and compliance of contracts. Manage team responsible for conducting reviews to ensure policies, goals and objectives for compliance are met, audit strategies are appropriate, reviews are timely, and deficiencies are proactively identified. Develops plans and procedural changes to resolve monitoring findings. Works with contracted expert(s) where appropriate. Identify efficiencies and improve effectiveness.
- Develop processes, leveraging technology to ensure communications and coordination across stakeholders for new and existing grants.
- Oversee DESC’s contracted attorney and serve as main point of contact to address any legal matters including those related to Board Governance and Bylaws, contracts, and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. Analyze and interpret rules, regulations and By-laws as needed in day-to-day operations.
- Support investigations as needed in response to employee, customer, and contractor complaints.
- Interact with high level businesses, non-profit and governmental leadership.
- Manage competing demands and demonstrate ability to be flexible with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Develop and maintain systems and controls to measure compliance. Maintain comprehensive case files and log of complaints in accordance with organization policy.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Manages staff, provides guidance and training
- Maintain master list of policies and ensure internal policies are regularly updated
- Other responsibilities as needed
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties of the position.