Choisys Technology, Inc. is an ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certified and VA certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Information Technology services provider located outside our nation's capital and in the epicenter of the Government IT industry. Choisys is an information technology infrastructure services provider with offerings in: Systems Engineering, Network Infrastructure Engineering, Video Teleconference Solutions Engineering and Program Management. Our proficiencies are Medical IT Services, Education/Training IT Services and Government IT Services.
Choisys Technology is seeking multiple candidates for a Senior Systems Administrator in Herndon, VA. The position requires a candidate to have a TS/SCI Clearance, with ability to pass a CI polygraph.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Trouble-shoot, monitor, and resolve system issues as required to maintain operations
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Build, maintain, and deploy client and server systems.
- Develop and maintain efficient/automated client system support.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Work with an Information Assurance team to ensure compliance with Authorizations to Operate (ATOs)
- Liaise with COTs vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Must have a Bachelor's in an applicable field and 8 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must be a US Citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance adjudication, and ability to pass a CI poly.
- A minimum 5 years of experience with systems administration to include Windows
- Security+ cert
- Experience w/VMware
- Familiarity with AWS
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems & take decisive action
- Experience maintaining applications built on a SQL Server (2016 or greater) and Oracle.
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
- Writing SQL for both Oracle and SQL Server and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
- Familiarity w/troubleshooting Java, .NET applications, & Oracle applications
- Familiarity with XML
- Active/Current TS/SCI and CI Poly
- Experience with ICD-503 or RMF sec accreditation
- Microsoft MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Knowledge of SQL Server and ORACLE
- Knowledge of Apache Servers and/or WebLogic clustered servers.
- DODIIS security/builds familiarity a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint Development
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period.
Choisys is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
E-Verify Participation Poster: Click Here
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: https://www.e-verify.gov/