The Printer, Inc. (TPI) is a full service printer specializing in complex variable data printing in the gaming industry. We are a privately held company that has been in business for over 40 years. TPI is always looking for committed, hard working, self-motivated individuals that take pride and accountability in their work. TPI rewards their employees with competitive salaries.
TPI is currently seeking full-time Assistant Press Operators for 2nd & 3rd shift to work on-site in our Des Moines, IA location.
Position Summary: The Assistant Press Operator is responsible for assisting the lead press operator in operating and maintaining the large format offset press. This position will assist with efficient make-ready procedures and performing routine maintenance on equipment. This position is responsible for stocking all paper and other press supplies and handling finished product, as well as other duties deemed necessary by the lead operator. The Assistant Operator will provide continual clean-up and meet housekeeping requirements as well as ensuring compliance with all quality, safety, and work rules.
• Assists with set up, operation, and maintenance of large scale offset printing press.
• Reviews work order to determine ink, stock, and equipment needed for production.
• Assists with install of printing plates, rollers, and die in machine according to specifications.
• Locates paper on the production floor and loads, positions, and adjusts unprinted paper in feeding end of press.
• Locates printing plates and hangs them on the press cylinders.
• Loads ink in to ink pans and keeps them filled throughout press run.
• Assists in minimizing down time between printing runs by lining up all materials for next job.
• Basic knowledge of paper and distinguishing between different paper grades and weights.
• History of performing well under pressure.
• Capable of multi-tasking.
• Individual should be mechanically inclined and possess problem-solving skills.
• Good communication and comprehension skills both written and verbal.
• Team and goal oriented.
• Must be very detail oriented.
Preferred Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent;
• Two years offset press assistant experience.
Physical Demands: Standing for extended periods and frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs. Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. Pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs. to move palletized load. Continuous vision. Frequent reaching, twisting, and gripping up to 25 lbs. to move paper stock. Occasional crouching and use of hand tools during press maintenance. Continuous work in areas containing odors from inks, solvents, and lubricants.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Typical hours are Monday through Friday. 1st shift is 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.; 2nd shift is 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.; 3rd shift is 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Weekend hours may be required during peak production times. This position typically works 40-50 hours per week.
TPI recognizes that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
The Printer, Inc. (TPI) provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.