CDC Small Business Finance is a leading U.S. small business lender and award-winning nonprofit. Over the last four decades, CDC has provided more than $13 billion in loans to 11,000 entrepreneurs...and counting.
Unlike a traditional lender, we have the flexibility to offer affordable loans to a broader range of small business owners seeking financing for building purchases, major equipment and working capital, among other purposes.
As a non-profit organization, our mission is to support those who face the greatest obstacles in securing capital: women, minority and veteran-owned businesses. Our business loans have also played a critical role in bolstering economic development, helping create or preserve more than 180,000 jobs in California, Arizona and Nevada.
The File Manager is responsible for working in concert with a Relationship Manager to collect all necessary documents from clients that are needed to underwrite, approve and fund a loan. It is a position that requires excellent communication skills with a focus on creating a positive customer experience throughout the process, as it serves as a key contact for all clients and internal production staff members. General duties for a File Manager are typically as follows:
- Review preliminary loan application content from a Relationship Manager, input applicable data into CDC Ventures loan processing software to prepare a Client Checklist and forms based on the loan product and financing need. Provide the Client Checklist to client and any assistance as needed. Secure appropriate clearances as necessary based on loan product.
- Provide clear direction and expectations with the client on all loans.
- Participate in weekly pipeline calls for progress of all loan files assigned; the File Manager is responsible for consistently following up with clients to inspire them to respond promptly and keep the loan application proceeding through the loan process.
- Upon securing Client Checklist documents, review and organize them accordingly in the electronic document management system. If documents supplied raise questions or issues, the File Manager should discuss with the Relationship Manager and work together towards a solution. • Regularly communicate with Relationship Manager regarding status of each loan file.
- Ensure that CDC Ventures loan processing software is accurate and up to date throughout the entire loan application process including documenting borrower conversations in the Notes section.
- Upon internal loan approval, review the loan file and set all loan conditions to prepare a Commitment Letter and final Closing Client Checklist to notify the client. Closing Client Checklist to include all outstanding documents required for closing and funding the loan. Provide the Client Checklist to the client and assistance as needed. Diligently work to secure all collateral documents that are conditioned for as part of the loan approval and ensure they are received in a timely fashion. File UCC and fixture filings as applicable and request for pre-assignment of loan files to funding team as applicable.
- Audit the loan file for accuracy and completion before final assignment to the funding team for closing and funding of the loan.
- Upon loan funding, ensure all file content is documented and appropriately filed in the electronic document management system for permanent record keeping.