Join a team with a 30+ year commitment to offering first-quality materials, competitive prices and unmatched service. Nonn's Flooring, Inc. is currently seeking a skilled candidate to succeed in the role of Appliance Installation Technician for our Madison market. This is a full-time, hourly position that reports to the Appliance Service Director with the primary responsibility to provide the highest level of product installation available in the industry. Individuals hired for custom installs will be required to handle additional challenging aspects that may require innovative thinking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs product as directed by manufacturer's requirements and to customer's satisfaction.
- As applicable to the position, installs customized products such as double ovens, hood fans, dishwashers, cooktops, etc.
- Drives material handling equipment to transport stored items from warehouse area to desired location or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Maintains safe vehicle and conditions and protects load by complying with organization policies, procedures, highway rules and regulations.
- Provides customer service by listening and resolving customer concerns.
- Handles product properly and reports damage to warehouse manager and/or warehouse foreman.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift between 75 and 100 pounds of material unassisted and on a regular basis.
- Basic knowledge and use of hand tools and moving equipment.
- Previous experience with plumbing, wood working, electrical, or HVAC preferred.
- Ability to complete overnight travel to meet delivery requirements.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to drive material handling equipment (forklift) and 26' straight truck. Will train if necessary.
- Possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record that meets the minimum requirements of the company's insurance provider.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to use a variety of power and hand tools daily
- Pulling and lifting is required
- Must be able to drive between job sites
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, reach with hands and arms, to move around a job site, to sit, stoop kneel and crouch; to see well enough to discern differences in quality
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Onsite at job sites and in office
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Frequent travel
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances