Pacific BioLabs is an independent CRO offering cGMP/GLP testing services in toxicology, biocompatibility, pharmacology, analytical chemistry, and microbiology. Founded in 1982, PBL is beginning a new chapter, applying significant investment and energy towards modernizing workflows, upgrading facilities and most importantly, enhancing our employee experience. We are looking for talented, energetic scientists and professionals to share in our passion for our mission to enhance public health through the testing services we provide to our pharma, biotech and medical device clients. If you are up for a challenge, come join our team!
Pacific BioLabs has an immediate opening for a full time Senior Scientist in the Analytical Services Department. As a member of the PBL Analytical Services team, the successful candidate will make significant contributions to the growth of the department primarily in the areas of HPLC, GC, LC-MS, GC-MS, and ICP-MS disciplines in support of company and client needs. This includes implementation of new/current technologies and instrumentation to enable efficient laboratory operations. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for the preparation and review of departmental Standard Operating Procedures, method validation and stability studies, raw data, results summaries, and final reports in support of client product development. The individual will be expected to be highly knowledgeable to independently address and resolve complex analytical chemistry problems, and demonstrate the ability operate in compliance with GLP/cGMP guidance’s and industry best practices. Additionally, the individual will have supervision/mentor and leadership responsibilities within the department.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY SENIOR SCIENTIST INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Develops, validates, and standardizes complex GC, GC/MS, HPLC, LC/MS, ICP/MS analytical methods for isolation, detection, identification, and quantification of both drug substances and drug products of small molecules or/and large molecules.
- Analyzes and evaluates material and products at all stages of development process under stringent quality and time requirements.
- Independently prepares client reports, invention disclosures, and Standard Operating Procedures for internal and external use.
- Reviews data for technical content and regulatory compliance.
- Remains current with the analytical chemistry literature and champions the implementation of new technology.
- Ensures analytical equipment is maintained in good working order; troubleshoots and performs minor repairs as needed.
- Anticipates additional resources, consumable, and equipment requirements as needed to ensure that work can be completed within the budgeted time.
- Maintains a safe and orderly laboratory and insures compliance with all safety policies and practices.
- Supervises and mentors Analytical Services personnel in several aspects of department operations including reporting, method validation/qualification, investigating deviations, and unexpected results.
- Collaborates with Analytical Services Senior Management in the growth and development of the department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS FOR THE ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY SENIOR SCIENTIST
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or equivalent with over 8 years of analytical chemistry experience preferred. Candidates with a Master’s Degree with over 8-10 years of relevant experience will also be considered.
- Candidates with applicable knowledge of HPLC, GC, LC/MS, GC/MS, ICP/MS, FTIR, UV-Vis, KF and other compendial methods will be given preference.
- Working knowledge of cGMP/GLP requirements, ICH, FDA, USP and other pharmaceutical industry regulatory guidelines highly desired.
- Candidates with industry experience in CMC and CMC regulatory requirements (e.g., CMC sections supporting IND and NDA applications) desired.
- Demonstrated practical ability to develop methods for isolation, characterization, and quantification of both drug substances and drug products of small molecules or/and large molecules using conventional chromatography techniques and analytical instruments including GC, GC/MS, HPLC, and LC/MS.
- Exhibit strong technical skills and the ability to critically evaluate raw data and results without supervision.
- Experience with the development of bioanalytical methods is a plus.
- Skilled in operation of chromatographic data acquisition and processing software packages such as Agilent ChemStation and other software tools for data reduction and presentation.
- Experience in the operation, minor maintenance, troubleshooting, and calibration of laboratory equipment required.
- Excellent written, reporting, and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Must be highly-motivated and capable of supporting department and client deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Able to lift 10 – 25 pounds.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) is also offered.
Pacific BioLabs is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factors.