Who Is Christensen Group?
Founded in 1952 and 100% employee-owned, Christensen Group is the largest locally owned, independent insurance and employee benefits agency in Minnesota. At Christensen Group, we treat our employees like people. We care about our clients; we care about the carrier partners, and we care about one another; professionally and personally. We’re committed to understanding the businesses we serve and finding solutions that enable those businesses to grow. As an employee, that means you are constantly learning and developing through on-the-job experiences to best serve your clients.
What Does a Producer Do?
As a Producer you are responsible for providing customer service and support to clients and prospects of Christensen Group. The main focus of this position is to contribute to revenue growth by originating new business opportunities.
Core Duties and Expectations
- Write new business to grow book of business.
- Maintain originated book of business.
- Be a technical expert to mitigate and manage risk for clients.
- Communicate with service team on clients’ needs, competition, and operational updates for clients/accounts.
- Own the client relationship.
- Constantly build and maintain network of prospects, suspects to effectively grow originated book of business.
At Christensen Group, we believe you should reap the rewards of the value you create. As a 100% ESOP-owned company, there are no outside shareholders profiting off your hard work. Your long-term vision for your future begins here. Christensen Group is looking for top talent to join our team. You can be part of a different story. Join us!
Perks of Working at Christensen Group
We are employee owned. A large part of our compensation package is the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which means we all have skin in the game. An ESOP is a retirement asset, similar to a 401(k) Plan but the difference is a 401k grows based on the stock market and our ESOP grows based on the work we contribute as a team.
All ESOP eligible employees participate in an allocation of ESOP shares that are targeted at 15% of W-2 pay. In simple terms, Christensen Group adds shares equal to a dollar value into your ESOP retirement account every year. What we contribute is 5x more than the typical 3% employer 401(k) match.
At Christensen Group we offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA’s, FSA’s, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), identity shield, and pet insurance.
Most people spend the majority of their adult lives at their workplace — and we know that burning some energy is important during the day. So, when we built out our new office, we made sure to include some space for people to stay fit, blow off some steam and get their sweat on. This can be done in our Golf Simulator, the onsite gym, on the racquetball court, or on our walking treadmill desks.
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Must have an active resident Insurance License
- 6-10 years industry experience preferred
- Microsoft Office experience (strong math and Excel background)
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Self-starter and problem solver