The Printer, Inc. (TPI) is a full service printer specializing in complex variable data printing in the casino gaming industry. We are a privately held company that has been in business for over 40 years. TPI is always looking for committed, hard working, self-motivated individuals that take pride and accountability in their work. TPI rewards their employees with competitive salaries.
We are currently seeking full-time experienced Facilities Maintenance Technician for our facility in Des Moines, Iowa.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for maintenance of the building, grounds, and plant facilities and will perform general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment, and grounds.
• Performs maintenance of the building, grounds, and plant facilities.
• Performs basic tasks including painting and filling crevices, clean facilities, and basic maintenance repairs.
• Maintains the cleanliness of production floors and outside spaces such as parking lots and sidewalks.
• Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, etc.)
• Performs minor electrical maintenance (e.g. replace light bulbs, fixtures, etc.).
• Installs, moves, repairs, and removes equipment and utilities within the building as directed.
• Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
• Conducts routine inspections of premises and equipment.
• Detects and reports the need for major maintenance repairs.
• Contracts with and supervises outside contractors related to maintenance.
• Obtains necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
• Utilizes mandatory safety equipment to perform tasks.
• Maintains knowledge of and complies with OSHA standards and safety policies at all times.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience performing routine maintenance.
• Understanding of basic plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems.
• Experience operating common hand and power tools.
• Basic math skills.
• Positive attitude and good communication skills.
• Detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem-solving.
• Strong organizational and follow up skills.
• Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
• Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels both in and out of the facility.
• Must possess valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Industrial/bindery machine maintenance a plus.
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and bend/stoop into tight spaces at times. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders. Continuous vision. Must be able to occasionally lift and carry heavy parts and/or equipment up to 55 lbs. or more.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full-time hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to work evenings and weekends to complete work as needed.
Travel: Local travel may be required to pick up equipment and supplies.
Work Environment: Moderate to loud working environment in the production area. Inside work is well-lit and climate controlled. Outside work is exposed to weather and temperature changes. May be exposed to dust, odors, and fumes.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.