Come Smile with Us!
• Do you no longer see yourself on your current career path?
• Are you a solution-oriented business driver who understands customer challenges and goals?
• Are you frustrated because you know you could be getting better results but want an organization that will support you?
If you have at least 10 years of sales or employee benefit experience, this may be the opportunity for you!
Delta Dental of Iowa invites candidates for Account Executive to join our collaborative and supportive team. You will be responsible for the sales of new business through brokers and directly with employers of more than 100 employees. You will meet or exceed quote and sales goals by prospecting, selling and enrolling new dental, vision, and legal accounts. You will develop strong working relationships with brokers while managing their expectations and providing product education and manage internal team expectations and relationships regarding proposals and new business implementation. This is an opportunity to act as a team leader for assigned projects such as responses to RFP’s and implementation of new sales; market and sell new products and pilot programs; participate in project teams to acquire and retain accounts; and materially contribute to forecasting, product development and strategic planning activities.
Why Delta Dental? We provide dental and vision insurance to more than 1.5 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by investing in health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Meet proposal and sales goals.
- Support channel partners throughout the sales process in all sales-oriented activities, such as marketing, advertising, sales promotions, and training to achieve revenue targets.
- Implement new products with implementation manager through the various audiences (brokers, employers, vendors).
- Oversee the effective and timely delivery of proposals to brokers or employers.
- Oversee the effective and timely delivery of benefits to Delta Dental clients.
- Act as the client’s advocate with internal operating areas.
- Promote corporate profitability through attention to the maintenance of underwriting guidelines and internal activities.
- Enhance broker/employer relationships through professional and social networking opportunities.
- Foster an external image that is consistent with corporate objectives.
- Participate in teams effectively to meet project goals timely.
- Participate in the development of strategic approaches to pricing and product development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a master’s degree are preferred in marketing, business, public or healthcare administration.
- 10 years’ experience in a sales or employee benefits related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge in the operations of group benefits carriers, including knowledge of enrollment, billing, claims processing and customer service.
- Iowa Health, Accident and Life License required or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Up to 70% Travel in Iowa required, some out of state travel.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.