The Friendly Home is offering Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Training Program Partnered with MCC!
We are seeking compassionate and energetic individuals interested in joining the healthcare profession.
A CNA is responsible for providing person-centered nursing care to Members in our Senior Care Community.
What does the C.N.A Training Program entail?
- This is a paid training program for individuals interested in obtaining a NYS Certified Nursing Assistant certification.
- Class hours are Monday – Friday typically during the day time (clinical hours will be 8am to 4:30pm, possibly weekends)
- After successful completion of the course, Friendly Senior Living pays the NYS CNA exam fee for program participants.
- Must be able to commit to 1-year of full time employment with the Friendly Home as a CNA! You will be assigned to work the shift that is most available at that time.
After completing the program, the C.N.A will:
- Performs care according to Member Care Cards.
- Gives daily hygiene care to Members including baths, oral hygiene, hair care, nail care, shaving, foot care; dresses and/or assists Members to dress.
- Makes beds; keeps Members' rooms and belongings in order; keeps equipment neat and clean.
- Serves meal trays and assists with feedings as necessary.
- Passes nourishment to Members designated to receive them and records amount taken.
- Assists Members with range of motion, sitting, standing, and walking to maintain mobility. Applies supportive measures to help prevent deformity.
- Assists Members using lift belt, mechanical lifts, one and two-person transfers as directed on Member Care Cards.
- Transports Members to activities and/or appointments.
- Reports observations of Members/Patients to Team Leader or Supervisor / Manager.
- Responsible for daily documentation in Health MedXs adheres to all HIPPA regulations.
MCC has partnered with FLPPS to offer Success Coachijng that allows for completion stipends and a professional coach thaqt will continue to work with students throughout the first year of their career. Stipends include gift card for goal of completion: Continued gift cards at 3/6/9/12 a total of up to $2000 from start to finish.
Why Join The Friendly Home Team?
- The Friendly Home is a leader in providing quality nursing and rehabilitative care to older adults in Rochester, NY.
- The Friendly Home has been named a “Best Nursing Home 2021-2022” by U.S. News & World Report!
- The Friendly Home has been recognized by Newsweek as one of America’s Best Nursing Homes for 2022! The Friendly Home ranked #2 in all of New York State!
- Founded in 1849, our excellence is based upon the dedication of ALL our employees, who take great pride in providing compassionate care and services to our Residents/Members.
We offer an array of benefits all in our Resident/Member-focused environment:
- Competitive Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Annual Voucher for Scrubs
- Employee Cafeteria / On-site food options
- Supportive Work Environment
- PTO / Paid Holidays / Paid Sick Time
- PLUS MUCH MORE!!
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and work well with both individuals and in groups
- Commitment to demonstrate the Friendly Home values of Compassion, Teamwork, Friendship, Customer Focus, Excellence and Integrity
Friendly Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by laws and regulations.