Title: Clinical Practicum/Internship
Department: Behavioral Health
Status: part-time unpaid
Experience healthcare for all ages of urban underserved, as you work alongside a psychologist, counselor, or social worker, in the context of distinctively Christian service. Learn what it looks like to point to Jesus as both the source of ability and the true healer, by incorporating spiritual practices into healthcare. Practicum/Internship includes opportunities to participate in evidence-based clinical psychology and primary care mental health interventions.
Post-doctoral fellows--please contact us directly to discuss specific opportunities/accommodations.
- Work in clinic at least 150hrs over 12wks
- Perform Mental Status Examinations, Health Behavior Assessments, and well-child evaluations
- Participate in crisis therapy
- Use motivational interviewing
- Present and document pertinent findings
- Create biopsychosocial treatment plans, in collaboration with primary care provider
- Integrate selective theory with evidence-based practices
- Integrate spiritual care and evidence-based interventions
- Attend at least 6hrs of didactic behavioral health training (biweekly sessions)
- Attend at least 6hrs of didactic spiritual health training (weekly sessions)
- Shadow at least 2hrs with a Spiritual Health Advisor
Education: enrollment in, or completion of, an accredited degree program (MSW, LPC, PsyD, PhD).
Skills/abilities: prolonged concentration despite multiple distractions in a fast-paced environment required; prolonged standing and maneuvering within small exam rooms required (most locations); adherence to universal, bloodborne, airborne, and sterile precautions required. Prefer experience with motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Licenses/certifications: prefer HIPAA training.
- Affiliation agreement between organization and program (if not already established)
- Background check and drug screen (or documentation if recently completed elsewhere)
- Current government-issued ID, plus wearable badge (temporary badge available if needed)
- Signed confidentiality, liability and media consent forms
- Immunization records including TB, HBV, and Flu (depending on season)
- Personal transportation for intra-day travel between facilities
- Portable personal device (PC/Mac laptop or Apple tablet)
- Practicum/Internship must be for credit in an educational program