National flooring company Dixie Carpet Installations, Inc is currently in need of a Single Family Operations Manager. This position is fulltime with a benefit package to include 401K, matching, medical, dental, vision, life and PTO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain an installer base that covers the workload of the branch
- Ensure installers are installing the material to industry standards
- Assign all jobs scheduled for the day
- Work together with branch manager to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained
- Maintain a accurate inventory
- Oversee duties of warehouse associates and address areas needing improvement
- Train new warehouse associates
- Keep warehouse clean and orderly
- Communicate any issues regarding a job to the appropriate sales representative
- Complete daily reports reflecting shipping and receiving
- Fill in for QC as needed
- Other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Warehouse Staff
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that may become strenuous
- Communication and teamwork proficiency
- Willingness to take the time for precision
- Maintain safe work practices while meeting strict deadlines
- Reliable transportation
- Assist branch manager as instructed
- Supervise warehouse staff
- Basic knowledge of tools such as knives, staple guns, shears and glue guns; on-the-job training provides specific knowledge
- 1-year prior manager/supervisor experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to commute/relocate before starting work (Required)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 50 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General warehouse conditions
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances