Currently seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Showroom Coordinator. Join a team with a 30+ year commitment to offering first-quality materials, competitive prices, and unmatched service.
This is an entry-level, full-time position that reports directly to the Store Manager. Candidate will be responsible for providing the highest level of customer service, retail store processes, basic product knowledge and problem-solving skills. This is a great opportunity to build a career in the interior design and home construction industries. Starting pay will be based on experience and work hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure customers are treated with respect and exemplary service from start to finish.
- Checkout product samples to customers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow company procedures to input basic cash and carry orders.
- Handle all customer service issues expeditiously and report problems to the Retail Manager.
- Unlock showroom doors for store opening and lock for store closing.
- Close store and follow front desk closing procedure at the end of the day as directed.
- Order replacement showroom displays as needed.
- Update the showroom pricing as directed by the Retail Manager.
- Assist in accessorizing showroom displays.
- Maintain the "carpet grid" and always keep up to date.
- Assist the Retail Manager in organizing samples in the showroom to be marketed in an inviting retail environment.
- Create an inviting professional atmosphere by keeping the front desk clean and free from clutter.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma.
- An Associate's Degree or currently pursuing a degree in Interior Design is preferred, but not required.
- One-year of customer service experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule when required.
- Proficiency in computer spreadsheet programs, e-mail, word programs etc.
- The ability to learn the company computer software program.
- Great attention to detail and the discipline to follow-up on items as needed.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to use current company systems to problem solve, look up orders, take sample deposits, return samples, write up basic orders, check pricing and stock material quantities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Disability, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.