Interested in working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team? We are looking for motivated individuals with a client-first mentality and passion for community service to join our team!
The Kearney Center provides temporary emergency shelter and housing focused services to people experiencing homelessness, in a safe environment that promotes dignity and respect.
Position Type: Full Time
Hours per week: 40
Supervisor: Director of Finance and HR
Summary: The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes. This role administers employee benefits plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The Human Resource Coordinator makes that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HR data entry.
- Administers benefits plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts orientation and training of new employees.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HR system and responds with follow-up at the end of the recruiting process.
- Assist with onboarding process within HR system.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Director of HR.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions as related to HR.
- Files documents and maintains appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- At least two years of related human resources experience
- SHRM credential preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and respect of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures
- Strong time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Commitment to practicing the values of dignity and respect with clients, coworkers, and external constituents
- Ability to remain focused and calm in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Cooperative and flexible with people and systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers: Windows, MS Office, email, and databases