This is a dual role that performs administrative and human resource functions supporting the Vice President of Manufacturing and provides document control support to the Quality Assurance Manager.
· Onboarding new hires - working with the HR department for documentation processing, teaching new employee orientation which includes chemical hazard communication and other occupational safety topics.
· Maintaining site asset inventory and prepares annual reports
· Collecting injury reports, submitting claims to insurance carrier, maintaining OSHA records and submitting annual OSHA reporting.
· Using an online document management system to support the Quality Assurance team with document control
· Maintaining training and other QA records
· Supervising controlled substance inventory and recordkeeping.
· Providing initial troubleshooting for computer problems
· Supporting event committee for employee functions
· Performing general administrative functions – data entry, filing, phone coverage, meeting planning, taking minutes, expense reporting, maintaining lists, managing office supply inventory, etc.
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to use complex features of Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint – and Adobe Acrobat.
· Ability to learn and teach occupational safety and hazard communication.
· Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check to manage controlled substances recordkeeping.
· Strong customer service ethic
· Ability to deal with senior management.
· Attention to detail.
· Must be able to handle information that is highly confidential.
· Ability to work without direction and with competing priorities.
SDIX/Origene is an equal opportunity employer
· Associates degree or equivalent experience.
· Two to three years Administrative Assistant experience
· Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
· Writing and proofreading skills.
· Good interpersonal, phone and communication skills.
· High level of multitasking and organizational skills.
· Poise under pressure.