A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
“Positivity,” “community” and “collaboration” are a few of the most commonly used words to describe Galloway in our employee surveys, and we think those words truly describe the attributes of our team. We continually strive to provide an exceptional environment that fosters our purpose of “enriching people’s passions.” We are honored to be repeatedly recognized through numerous awards that include Top Workplace USA 2021 and 2022; Denver Post Top Workplace 2018 – 2022; Denver Business Journal Best Place to Work 2019 – 2022, Zweig Group Top Firm to Work For 2020 – 2022, and Zweig Group Hot Firm 2021.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
- Upholds Galloway’s values and standards by understanding and responding to client needs while providing quality consulting services.
- Have a basic understanding and application of the following technical skills: Boundary surveys, Topographic Surveys, Land Survey Plats, Subdivision Plats, Construction Surveying, ALTA surveys, leveling, traversing, GPS, total stations, data collectors, computers, email, legal descriptions, plan interpretation, deeds, and easements.
- Lead a survey field team performing boundary surveys, ALTA/NSPS surveys, topographic surveys, and construction staking.
- Responsible for adjusting and operating surveying instruments and recording survey measurements and descriptive data.
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
- Firm understanding of the site construction process.
- Compile survey computations with applicable standards to determine the adequacy of data.
- Compile information necessary to stake projects for construction, using engineering plans.
- Proficient in required safety procedures and practices.
- Assumes a limited degree of judgment on performing routine aspects of survey assignments.
- Takes an active role in new business development by performing quality survey work to build strong relationships with existing clients.
- Willingness to travel for short periods.
- A minimum of high school education or GED is required.
- 4 plus years of survey experience required.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the principles and practices of surveying.
- Possesses a basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and other survey-related programs.
- Experience with Trimble Hardware and Software (GPS/GNSS, TSC3, Total Stations, Access, and TBC) is a plus.
- Experience with laser scanning instruments is a plus.
- Possesses a high degree of understanding of the principles and practices of surveying.
- Experience with construction staking, CDOT projects, boundary surveys, and topographic surveys.
- Ability to read plans and understand boundaries and topography.
- Understands project schedules and budgets; is able to work efficiently within project guidelines.
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner within the team and with other disciplines working on the project.
- Conducts oneself consistently in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain a high-performance level in a fast-paced, accountable environment.
- Firm understanding of the site construction processes and procedures.
- Has a clear understanding of the use of alignments and templates.
- Experience with civil and transportation construction projects.
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing.
- Has the ability to work both independently and in a leadership capacity as part of a field team.
- Ability to take a pre-employment and ongoing drug screen.
The estimated starting salary pay range for this role is $27.00-$39.00.
Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance – We offer comprehensive healthcare benefits for individuals and families through Cigna Health Insurance, with the choice of two plan options.
- Dental Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly dental insurance premium for a staff member and 50% of the premium for their family.
- Vision Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly vision insurance premium for a staff member (family members can be added on for dollars a month).
- Hearing Aids are covered at deductible/co-insurance for in-network plans.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement – Galloway-supported assistance in offsetting costs of high-deductible healthcare plan option.
- Short and Long-Term Disability – We cover 100% of the long-term and short-term disability premium.
- Life Insurance – We cover 100% of the premium for a life insurance policy that is equal to the annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program – Confidential guidance and resources for employees and immediate family members. Galloway covers 100% at no charge for the employee.
- ThrivePass Wellness Savings Account – Company-provided funds can be used for a wide variety of personal health and fitness-related reimbursements.
- Flex Spending Account.
- This role is eligible for “pay for performance” bonuses beyond base pay.
- 401(K) Plan – Additionally, we contribute a profit-sharing bonus to each individual’s plan, based on total compensation.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Flexible Work Schedule During Core Hours – Includes the opportunity to flex extra hours worked.
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year.
- 8 Paid Volunteer Hours Every Year.
- Identity Theft Protection – We cover 100% of the monthly premium for the employee and family plans can be added for dollars a month.
- Anniversary Bonus Program Starts at 5 Years.
- Relocation assistance.
Growth & Mentorship
- Structured Mentorship Program.
- Annual Growth/Performance Reviews.
- Diversity Groups – Check out the “About” section on our website to learn more about our diversity initiatives!
Galloway & Company, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.