Are you technically skilled in property maintenance? Do you have excellent customer service to go above residents' expectations?
DHM Properties is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to perform maintenance activities for our apartment community. DHM Properties, a large and growing Property Management Company headquartered in Albany, NY, currently manages and operates over 8,000 apartments throughout the NY, CT, MA and NH markets.
What is the job?
As a Maintenance Technician, you will perform the general maintenance repairs, apartment make ready execution, and preventive maintenance of an apartment community. This includes but is not limited to the daily operations at the property in the areas of landscaping, carpentry, painting, fencing and roofing repairs, plumbing, light electrical as well as the performance of all routine and preventative maintenance required to maintain the physical integrity of the property.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge and experience in maintenance functions to include Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Carpentry and Appliances
- Attention to detail and quality control under tight timelines
- Initiative to identify and to positively solve problems within established processes
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with managers, co-workers, vendors and residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give or receive work direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to be at work regularly and on time
Must have valid driver’s license & acceptable driving record
Reliable transportation required
Ability to work weekends or extended hours as required, including on-call rotation
- Constant need to be on feet; bend, stoop, squat; climb stairs, push or pull, reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turning; finger dexterity; writing; shoveling; lifting/carrying in the performance of maintenance duties
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
Job Type: Full-time
DHM Properties offer competitive wages, and benefits, including health, dental, voluntary life, paid holidays and paid time off, and a company paid Employee Assistance Program. We also offer a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match and Flexible Spending Plan.
We also support development and progression from within!