JOB SUMMARY: The Environmental Services Worker is responsible to safely maintain a clean, sanitary, comfortable and organized environment for residents and staff at Episcopal Church Home.
SALARY RANGE: $11.25-$13.65 ***DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintain cleanliness in all resident rooms to ESLC standards-see checklist.
• Collect all resident and office trash and clean trash cans as needed.
• Clean all bathroom fixtures, commodes and floors; stock paper supplies in resident rooms according to departmental procedure.
• Dust and polish all surfaces and furniture according to departmental procedure.
• Mop or vacuum resident room flooring according to departmental procedure.
• Maintain organization of all resident furniture and belongings according to departmental procedure.
• Clean surfaces of desks, tables, cabinets, sinks and floors in kitchenettes and utility rooms according to departmental procedure.
• Deep clean resident room as indicated by departmental procedure or Supervisor.
• Vacuum lobby, lounges, offices, and hallways and resident dining areas.
• Maintain cleanliness of elevator walls and floors.
• Assist in the transfer and/or discharge of residents.
• Pack resident belongings in boxes, label all boxes and furniture and move to designated location (room or storage) the scheduled day of transfer/discharge.
• Assist new resident in moving belongings into new room the scheduled day of admission. Prepare room and complete checklist in advance.
• Assist in the set-up/take-down of special functions.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment to include housekeeping closet, cart and storage room.
• Properly dilute and use all chemicals daily in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Maintain label on all dispenser bottles for all chemicals daily in accordance with
• Wear appropriate protective clothing/devices whenever performing tasks requiring the handling of infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids according to facility procedure.
• Monitor inventory of supplies such as paper towels, soap, toilet paper.
• Report any hazardous conditions or equipment malfunctions to supervisor to include building deficiencies.
• Attend all staff meetings and departmental in-services.
• Help with outside rounds as needed or as assigned by Supervisor.
Once successfully trained, the following job functions may apply:
• Perform cleaning and maintenance of all floors: tile and carpet.
• Strips and waxes floors according to schedule.
• Buffs floors.
• Cleans lights, sprinklers, and vents.
• Carpet cleaning with extractor.
• Outside rounds
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to receive and give written and oral directions. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members, visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent or willingness and ability to learn procedures necessary for position.
EXPERIENCE: Six months’ environmental services experience preferred, preferably in a health care setting.