A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
“Positivity,” “community” and “collaboration” are a few of the most commonly used words to describe Galloway in our employee surveys, and we think those words truly describe the attributes of our team. We continually strive to provide an exceptional environment that fosters our purpose of “enriching people’s passions.” We are honored to be repeatedly recognized through numerous awards that include Top Workplace USA 2021 and 2022; Denver Post Top Workplace 2018 – 2022; Denver Business Journal Best Place to Work 2019 – 2022, Zweig Group Top Firm to Work For 2020 – 2022, and Zweig Group Hot Firm 2021.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
About the Position
We are currently seeking an Architectural Designer to add to our Wichita, KS team! Within the office located in Wichita, the Architectural Designer provides architectural design services from concept through construction for all of the architecture team's projects. This position will serve in the design phases of projects in a lead design role and will be responsible for updating, editing, and revising design elements during the construction phase of the project.
- Assists in development of conceptual and schematic design packages
- Assists team in developing, modifying, and reviewing construction documents.
- Coordinates with and advises clients throughout the construction phase of the project.
- Performs shop drawing and submittal reviews.
- Researches and specifies building materials, systems, and products.
- Research codes and verifies code compliance.
- Assists Architecture Department construction contract administration.
- Introduction to the construction administration phase.
- Assist in directing construction administration activities on projects.
- Monitors project for construction document compliance.
- Learns the process of new business development; markets Galloway’s capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
- Bachelor’s in Architecture or Environmental Design, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically, 0-2 years of experience in the architectural field
- Possesses an excellent understanding of building systems and design.
- Possesses working knowledge of value engineering.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of the construction process.
- Understands permitting and certification processes for building projects.
- Understands codes and standards in building design.
- Understands basic tenants of various engineering reports associated with project construction.
- Understands and assists in the management of construction schedules and budgets.
- Can review and understanding construction pay applications, change orders, requests for information, and other construction-related documentation.
- Possesses detailed knowledge in various agencies and disciplines involved in the construction process; integrates and coordinates all parties for successful completion of construction projects.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of project budgets and scheduling.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Is proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Adobe Photoshop, Google SketchUp, COMcheck-EZ, and Microsoft Project.
The estimated starting salary pay range for this role is $50,000-$60,000
Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance – We offer comprehensive health-care benefits for individuals and families through Cigna Health Insurance, with the choice of two plan options.
- Dental Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly dental insurance premium for a staff member and 50% of the premium for their family.
- Vision Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly vision insurance premium for a staff member (family members can be added on for dollars a month).
- Hearing Aids are covered at deductible/co-insurance for in-network plans.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement – Galloway-supported assistance in offsetting costs of high-deductible healthcare plan option.
- Short and Long-Term Disability – We cover 100% of the long-term and short-term disability premium.
- Life Insurance – We cover 100% of the premium for a life insurance policy that is equal to the annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program – Confidential guidance and resources for employees and immediate family members. Galloway covers 100% at no charge for the employee.
- ThrivePass Wellness Savings Account – Company-provided funds can be used for a wide variety of personal health and fitness-related reimbursements.
- Flex Spending Account
- Pay For Performance Bonuses
- 401(K) Plan – Additionally, we contribute a profit-sharing bonus to each individual’s plan, based on total compensation.
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Work Schedule - Includes opportunity to flex extra hours worked.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 8 Paid Volunteer Hours Every Year
- Identity Theft Protection – We cover 100% of the monthly premium for the employee and family plans can be added for dollars a month.
- Anniversary Bonus Program Starts at 5 Years
Growth & Mentorship
- Structured Mentorship Program
- Annual Growth/Performance Reviews
- Diversity Groups – Check out the “About” section on our website to learn more about our diversity initiatives!
Galloway & Company, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.