SUMMARY: The Swim Team Assistant Coach is responsible for supervising swim team practices, providing instruction, and working with the Head Coach in directing the Four Seasons Stingrays Swim Team.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Assist the Head Coach in the planning of daily practice sessions.
· Promote a team culture in which swimmers exhibit team spirit and sportsmanship are passionate about swimming, excited to come to practice each day, and thrive on competition.
· Actively coach one or more practice levels per day.
· Provide swimmers with real-time feedback during practices and meets on their performance.
· Coordinate, assign, and communicate with parents.
· Volunteers for home swim meets and team events.
· Attends communication meetings with the Aquatics Manager and other coaches.
· Develops positive, team-oriented relationships and communication with other aquatic staff to provide a high level of service to members.
- Provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.”
- Understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ Core Values and Vision through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
- SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
- Current CPR/AED certification is required or ability to obtain upon employment.
- Member in good standing of USA Swimming. Willing to obtain USA-S Coaching Certifications upon employment and stay current on all certifications.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. (Older high school students may be considered on an individual basis)
- Previous coaching experience preferred or a strong knowledge of competitive swimming and training.
- Enthusiasm for coaching children at all levels of youth swimming.
- Strong organizational, administrative and decision-making skills.
- Experience with Meet/Team Manager software preferred or ability to be trained.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with the policies, practices and procedures of the facility.
- Complete required safety certification, concussion protocol, online and in-water safety training, coaches advantage training.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Personally, represents a lifestyle of health and fitness physically and emotionally, within one’s individual capabilities.
- Able to communicate with staff, members, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities including the second floor and basement.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings, using cleaning and maintenance equipment. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools, exercise areas, chemicals and other cleaning supplies. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures. Frequently works varying hours and days according to the schedule.