Nonn's Flooring, Inc. is currently seeking a skilled candidate to succeed in the role of Granite Shop Associate. This is a full-time, hourly position that reports to the Shop Manager with the primary responsibility to assist with various duties related to countertop fabrication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Arrive at the shop on time and ready to work.
- Operate fabrication and other equipment in a safe manner following manufacturer's procedures.
- Maintain machines on a daily basis.
- Maintain work area so that it is clean and neat at all times.
- Strict adherence to company safety policies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to lift between 75-100 pounds of material unassisted and on a regular basis.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Previous experience with/or demonstrated ability to learn product fabrication techniques preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among warehouse; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 100 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of projects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to loud noises and various weather conditions
- PPE used as needed
- Warehouse environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.