Assemble life-saving devices. Work with great people. Experience a family-owned culture.
For over 75 years, Bender has been a market leader in providing electrical safety equipment to industries worldwide. Our wide portfolio of cutting-edge products ensure that people, equipment, and facilities worldwide are protected with the latest in electrical safety technology. Our worldwide network of over 70 offices, representatives, and partners offer comprehensive product, application, and technical support.
Bender's core competence is electrical safety. With expertise in virtually every industry, Bender provides both the products and knowledge to meet the demands for customer-specific solutions. Always on the cutting edge, our portfolio of electrical safety solutions focus on a wide range of industries, from mainstay industries such as hospitals, mining, and manufacturing, to newly developed industries such as solar, wind, and electric vehicles. Our ongoing research and development in virtually all industries ensures that no matter the application, you can count on Bender to be your partner in electrical safety.
At Bender Inc. we believe in providing a generous benefits package to our employees to help cover the always rising medical costs and keep their out of pocket spend very low. Bender Inc. covers 100% of insurance premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision for eligible employees and their qualifying dependents. The benefits we offer to our employees include:
· Medical (including prescription plan)
· Short-Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Account
· Life Insurance
· Safe Harbor 401k Plan, where the company contributes 3% of annual salary.
· Employee Assistance Program
· Vacation & PTO
· Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
· 12 Paid Holidays
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers where applicable. Immediate reporting of any safety violations or concerns.
- Ensure all applicable regulatory standards are met with regards to loss prevention, accident investigation, OSHA compliance.
- Works with team members to actively improve safety of the plant.
- Ensures that shop area is clean, organized, and free of dangerous or hazardous material.
- Ensure safety action items are completed accurately and timely.
- Follow SOPs and ensure all product is manufactured to specifications.
- Assists management in development of quality processes and work instructions.
- Work with team members to identify root cause to failures and implementation of corrective actions.
- Works in accordance with product specification to ensure minimization of defects. Fixes defects and reports issues if occurs.
- Assemble materials.
- Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports
- Inspect and assemble wiring installations, assemblies, and circuits.
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or stud-welding equipment.
- Pack finished products for shipment.
- Properly label products and pallets according to specifications.
- Adjust or repair electrical equipment.
- Review work activities with supervisor.
- Work to complete orders in accordance to required delivery date and production schedule.
- Capable or building products up to: GPMs, remotes, back boxes, trims, transformers, IP ID and IX panels, and associated in-process testing.
- Participates in CI initiatives and activities. I.e. 6S events, Kaizen events, weekly CIP meetings, Root Cause Investigations, and improvement projects.
- Work with team members to provide input to improve process and workspaces
- Use 6S audits results to improve work areas and to ensure sustainability of improvements
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
Educational and Experience Requirements
- High School Education or GED equivalent
- 1+ year experience with assembly
- 1+ year manufacturing experience
- 2+ years using power tool and hand tools. I.e. drills, saws, screw drivers, etc.
- Ability to perform basic math
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16”
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Capable to proficiently use basic functionalities of a computer
- Ability to operate forklift
- Flexible work hours when required
- Confidentiality; professionalism
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Hand and body strength – ability to handle up to 50lbs, repetitive tightening of terminals and fasteners.
- Ability to lift, stand and work for extended period of time.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- This position is based primarily in the production area and warehouse areas with occasional offsite or outdoor settings, as required.
- Occasional exposure to local outdoor weather conditions which may range from 10 degrees and up to 100 degrees (Fahrenheit) for entering and leaving Company facility
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate
The above statements and information are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this document is intended to exclude the opportunity for modifications or adjustment to the job or the manner of performing it consistent with the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations to the disabled. With or without accommodation, the essential functions must be performed. Employees unable to accomplish any functions may request reasonable accommodation’s pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act. In addition, employee must follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.