For over 75 years, Bender has been a market leader in providing electrical safety equipment to industries worldwide. Our wide portfolio of cutting-edge products ensure that people, equipment, and facilities worldwide are protected with the latest in electrical safety technology. Our worldwide network of over 70 offices, representatives, and partners offer comprehensive product, application, and technical support.
Bender's core competence is electrical safety. With expertise in virtually every industry, Bender provides both the products and knowledge to meet the demands for customer-specific solutions. Always on the cutting edge, our portfolio of electrical safety solutions focus on a wide range of industries, from mainstay industries such as hospitals, mining, and manufacturing, to newly developed industries such as solar, wind, and electric vehicles. Our ongoing research and development in virtually all industries ensures that no matter the application, you can count on Bender to be your partner in electrical safety.
At Bender Inc. we believe in providing a generous benefits package to our employees to help cover the always rising medical costs and keep their out of pocket spend very low. Bender Inc. covers 100% of insurance premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision for eligible employees and their qualifying dependents. The benefits we offer to our employees include:
· Medical (including prescription plan)
· Short-Term Disability
· Long-Term Disability
· Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Account
· Life Insurance
· Safe Harbor 401k Plan, where the company contributes 3% of annual salary.
· Employee Assistance Program
· Vacation & PTO
· Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
· 12 Paid Holidays
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers where applicable. Immediate reporting of any safety violations or concerns.
- Perform on site commission and periodic testing of power distribution equipment for Health Care Facilities according to NFPA 99 standard.
- Train installation contractors, hospital staff, and 3rd party service partners on proper use and maintenance of BENDER products and solutions.
- Compile data and prepare professional test report packages for customer record.
- Provide on call (24/7) technical product field support service.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic warranty analysis and repair of on-site equipment.
- Continuously update and improve BENDER and competitor product knowledge.
- Provide internal stakeholders identified facility administration and key maintenance personnel for promotion of annual testing and maintenance contracts.
- Report customer feedback for quality, marketing, and new product development.
- Mentor associated interns as required.
- Complete reports and metrics as required by management.
- Assist in the development and continual maintenance of process, procedures, and supporting documentation as required by management.
- Provide input to operations, marketing, and engineering to continually optimize inter-department workflows.
- Assist in the active promotion of retro fit, accessories, and custom application sales.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- 2 year Associates Degree or equivalent (e.g. certified electrician)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Electrical Technology, Biomedical Technology or similar technical field
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) and safe electrical installation and testing techniques
- Ability to read/understand schematic drawings, panel schedules and specifications
- Strong computer skills and basic knowledge of communications networking
- Must be highly efficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Required travel up to 90% of scheduled work time (passport required)
- Extremely efficient with detail-oriented assignments while multitasking and meeting deadlines
- Possess confidentiality, integrity and professionalism
- High energy / motivated personality
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
Physical & Cognitive Demands
- Frequent sitting for extended periods of time
- Frequent extended periods of walking and standing
- Frequent operation and use of computer
- Frequent lifting and moving of 10-45 pounds
- Frequent use of power tools, measurement tools, & hand tools
- Frequent stooping, bending, crouching, reaching or crawling
- Position requires manual dexterity and the ability to use hands/fingers, touch and feel
- Must be able to talk, see, hear and write in English
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Capable of adequate judgement, decision making, reasoning, comprehension, strong English written and verbal communication and stress control.
- Incumbent must have the ability to count accurately, add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
- Must be able to understand and follow basic English instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, as well as prioritize work schedule
This position operates in mixed environments including but not limited to:
- Office environment - average indoor conditions and noise
- Healthcare critical patient care spaces – average indoor conditions and noise, occasional blood, urine, and/or bodily fluids within visible proximity of work area
- Construction sites – may or may not be heated or cooled, occasional high noise and construction vehicular traffic.
The above statements and information are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this document is intended to exclude the opportunity for modifications or adjustment to the job or the manner of performing it consistent with the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations to the disabled. With or without accommodation, the essential functions must be performed. Employees unable to accomplish any functions may request reasonable accommodation’s pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act. In addition, employee must follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers where applicable.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.