Established in 2012, Rhino Sports & Entertainment Services is based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. We now service clients in 5 states across the country. We provide customized levels of service across all areas of our clients' venues and provide them with the best service in the industry. We hold true to our motto of, “We will provide an unsurpassed customer service experience, to everyone, all the time.”
The Account Manager/Director of Operations will be responsible for all aspects of the event staffing operations within their assigned client portfolio. This includes proactively planning the staffing logistics and managing the execution on event days in accordance with Rhino’s company standards and required duties for the client. You will be the lead event staffing manager for all non-athletic events in an on-site capacity requiring ushers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with client representatives from host venues and attend meetings at the venue as needed.
- Directly oversee staff operations at the venue and ensure/monitor the quality of event operations for venue. Typical staff responsibilities include security, bag checking and metal detection, ticket scanning, ushering, premium areas.
- Oversee staffing levels, ensuring each event is fully staffed.
- Resolve guest related issues addressing needs or concerns as they arise at events.
- Prepare and submit post event reports.
- Ensure compliance with all human resources policies and procedures, including hiring procedures, training, scheduling, and terminations.
- Ensure adherence to all company administrative policies and procedures.
- Develop budgets for all operations and accomplish objectives within the allotted budget.
- Create and track invoices to and from clients and vendors. Ensure all billing takes place in a timely manner and follows company policies and procedures.. Provide accurate quotes for usher/security services before each event.
- Collaborate with company corporate office on a bi-weekly and monthly basis on topics such as payroll processing, invoicing, hiring, and terminations.
- Identify potential process improvements to include cost savings and increased revenue.
- Assure account follows all local, state, and federal licensing requirements such as business licenses, insurance, security compliance, and labor laws.
- Attend weekly company staff meetings and client and event overview meetings and walk-thru meetings as requested
- Lead large scale staff trainings to both company and client’s venue standards. Venue Breakouts, Emergency management, Customer Service, Positive Team Environment, and Staff job duties are common topics among others that you will need to speak to.
- Operates with full knowledge and understanding of each event space to include capacity limits, points of egress, storage of assets, and requirements for use of unique spaces
- Responsible for oversite of load-in and preparation for events for Moody and related spaces.
- Serve as point of contact for event related needs and issues at all venues.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the front of house during the run of the show. Primarily responsible for welcoming the public, oversee their safety before, during and after the event/show.
- Day of Event pre-show security and run of show event meeting with the client and other relevant parties.
- Has knowledge of key personnel in facilities, technical services and events to help coordinate and resolve issues day of event
- Hold event briefings to educate all Rhino staff on the specifics for that event to include facility rules, event attendee flow, key personnel and other event centric information.
- Provides an accurate work calendar to communicate when working and when not working, as this position will work non- traditional days and times. Work schedule will vary based on shows and event schedules. Peak season may require both long hours and limited days off.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred) and minimum of three to five years of large-scale sports & event management experience or collegiate/professional football experience required.
- Must show proven leadership and effective communication experience in managing large groups of people in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a cool, calm, collected and kind demeanor.
- Lead by example professionally and personally.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Speaking in front of large groups and conducting training will be required.
- Be computer literate and have working knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Be able to respond to change in a positive and productive way.
- Exhibit an emphasis on customer service.
- Demonstrate organization and attention to small, yet critical, details.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Maintaining an up-to-date unarmed security license is required after position begins.
- Should have wide availability and willingness to work a non-traditional schedule.
- Position functions under general supervision of the President and a Regional Manager.
- Position functions with significant independence in the management of day-to-day duties and responsibilities. Fast-paced environment at venue during event days. Longer hours/days are necessary. Frequently required to work, evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- Must be able to move in a quick, energetic manner.
- Long periods of standing and constant movement around the event venue are expected on event days.
- Long periods of sitting while on the phone and the computer are common on office days.
- Position requires evenings, late nights, early morning and weekend work.
The above declarations are not intended to an “all inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and be a reasonable representation of its activities.
REVELxp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and successfully pass a criminal background check.