Facing Adversity (in our) Community (thru) Education (and) Support (FACES) is a Syracuse Community Connection’s program designed to provide HIV/AIDS awareness and quality High Impact prevention services to communities of color in Onondaga County. Under the direction of FACES Program Director, the Linkage and Navigation Specialist will ensure HIV positive clients and high-risk negative clients are assessed, referred, and linked to HIV/STD/HCV testing, mental health, and substance use counseling, link to Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), and other support services they may need.
The Linkage and Navigation Specialist will provide client centered linkage and navigation and retention services in accordance with New York State Department of Health guidance to ensure clients’ needs are met in a compassionate-culturally competent manner. Linkage Specialist will be able to be comfortable in administering HIV testing. The Linkage Specialist will ensure all data pertaining to program related activities s/he is responsible to collect meets agency protocol and that data is timely entered into the New York State Department of Health-AIDS Institute Reporting System (AIRS). The Linkage Specialist is also expected to support and assist in all FACES and agency sponsored programs and events. This also includes participating in different outreach canvassing opportunities in local communities.
Under the guidance of the Program Director the Linkage Specialist work to provide linkage and navigation services to communities of color affected and impacted by HIV. The Linkage Specialist also ensures program goals are met, client files are kept organized and updated, that service plan, and outcomes are thoroughly documented. The Linkage Specialist actively participate in the planning and execution of outreach program activities designed to meet work plan goals, which include facilitating support groups; (i.e.-CLEAR & Healthy Relationship) evidence-based interventions to HIV positive and high-risk negative clients.
- Associates, BUT Bachelor’s degree preferred, social work, public health, or related field with at least 3 years of experience or any combination of training and experience in the delivery of HIV/AIDS programming
- Experience working with people of color, LGBT and/or MSM, at-risk populations is a plus.
- Experience conducting community or health campaigns targeting people of color, the LGBT community residing in urban communities.
- Experience with graphics for video, PowerPoint, digital signage, and social media
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Ensures HIV/AIDS confidentiality and HIPPA policies and protocols are maintained internally and externally.