We are the future of sport, and our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. The next 10 years serves as a moment in time unlike any other for the sport of soccer in the United States. We are one of the most inclusive sports in the world and take a fan centric approach to engage our audiences around shared passions to unite the nation and drive the growth of the sport. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create, and work as part of a team. With the sport thriving and U.S. Soccer’s Senior, Youth and Extended National Teams achieving success on and off the field, and the FIFA World Cup on U.S. soil in 2026, there has never been a better time to join the soccer movement!
U.S. Soccer is seeking a Coordinator, Digital Media to work as part of the team responsible for creating best in class digital destinations for our fans and soccer stakeholders. The individual in this role will report into the Manager, Digital Media and work closely with marketing, content and social teams, internal product managers, and analytics leads in the development and execution of the U.S. Soccer’s digital content to drive audience engagement across dot com, app, and select third party platforms (such as YouTube, Twitch, emerging platforms, etc.). This person should feel comfortable working within different content management systems and will be responsible for updating web content to drive affinity for the sport and generate continuous engagement among our priority audiences.
- Responsible for publishing and managing real-time updates on dot com, app, microsites, YouTube, etc. to ensure content is timely, relevant, and accurate
- Assists in the creation of web pages up using modular design template, based on needs from across the organization (Commercial, Sport Development, Governance, etc.)
- Comfortable assessing user journeys and behavior to create recommendations on the dot com information architecture such that users are finding relevant content, staying longer, and consistently coming back
- Documents and communicates broken experiences and other user-facing bugs to the product and engineering teams
- Partners with Analytics and Insights to ensure data driven decision making
- Provides recommendations to content and creative leads based on website and app performance
- Coordinates with Marketing teams and Analytics to develop tactics to drive web traffic through paid search, paid social, email marketing, etc.
- Works closely with Event Marketing and Promotions as well as functional area leads to effectively utilize owned digital properties to generate awareness, familiarity and engagement with relevant soccer competitions, programs, and platforms.
- Experience in digital content marketing, content management and/or digital asset management
- Familiarity with SEO, including understanding of relevant metadata, tags, and best practices used to improve search ranks
- Analytical skills, including familiarity with Google Analytics and the ability to extract insights from various data sources
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and developing positive, professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think critically and problem solve and think on their feet in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Action oriented and shows initiative; displays a can-do attitude
- Passion for sports and growing the sport of soccer
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays as necessary
- Experience in enterprise Content Management System (CMS) experience (preferably Sitecore, Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal) with expertise in website authoring, collaboration, and administration tools
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Asana
- Experience building UX and UI prototypes using Figma, Invision, Sketch, or similar
- Comfortable making edits in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with email marketing, customer journeys and CRM
- Experience with enterprise customer engagement software (Airship, Braze, etc)
- Experience working in digital for a sport and/or media property or platform
- Bilingual Spanish
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a fan centric approach
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Embraces and champions diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment