The next 10 years serves as a moment in time unlike any other for the sport of soccer in the United States. With the sport thriving and U.S. Soccer’s Senior, Youth and Extended National Teams achieving success on and off the field, and the FIFA World Cup on U.S. soil in 2026, there has never been a better time to join the soccer movement!
U.S. Soccer is seeking a Manager, Digital Media to join our newly developing Marketing Department and industry-leading team. The individual in this role will report into the Sr. Director, Digital and Content and work closely with content and social teams, internal product managers, and analytics leads in the development and execution of the U.S. Soccer’s digital content to drive audience engagement across dot com, app, and select third party platforms (such as YouTube, Twitch, emerging platforms, etc.). This person is expected to be a Content Management Systems expert responsible for web content and platform management in alignment with U.S. Soccer’s brand, marketing, and business goals. This individual will work closely with the digital director, internal product managers and external agencies to create cohesive, best-in-class digital destinations that generate continuous audience engagement and help build long-term relationships with fans and other soccer stakeholders.
- Responsible for publishing and managing real-time updates on dot com, app, microsites, YouTube, etc. to ensure content is timely, relevant, and accurate
- Responsible for creating web pages from the ground up using modular design template, based on needs from across the organization (Commercial, Sport Development, Governance, etc.)
- Owns the business requirements for the content team and works closely with the product and engineering teams to translate them to technology needs, then assist setting priorities, roadmap, and timelines
- Leverages user journeys and behavior to create and evolve the information architecture on dot com such that users are finding relevant content, staying longer, and consistently coming back
- Documents and communicates broken experiences and other user-facing bugs to the product and engineering teams
- Coordinate with Event Marketing Director and Analytics to develop strategies to drive web traffic through paid search, paid social, email marketing, etc.
- Partners with Analytics and Insights to ensure data driven decision making
- Works with Partnership Marketing and Partnership Development to create new revenue opportunities and maximize value for new and existing partners across our owned digital channels and across third-party sites.
- Works closely with Event Marketing and Promotions as well as functional area leads to effectively utilize owned digital properties to generate awareness, familiarity and engagement with relevant soccer competitions, programs, and platforms.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in digital content marketing or content management
- Extensive enterprise Content Management System (CMS) experience (preferably Sitecore, Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal) with expertise in website authoring, collaboration, and administration tools
- Deep expertise in digital asset management, including 1+ years’ experience using a DAM tool
- Success in driving results through SEO, including understanding of relevant metadata, tags, and best practices used to improve search ranks
- Extensive experience with content organization, including website taxonomy, tag management tools (i.e., Google Tag Manager), and URL structures
- Strong analytical skills, including Google Analytics expertise, and the ability to distill strategic insights out of various data sources
- Strong leadership skills, experience working and leading cross-functional teams and developing positive, professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and problem solve and think on their feet in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Takes action and shows initiative; displays a can-do attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able and willing to travel and work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays as necessary
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Asana
- Comfortable building UX and UI prototypes using Figma, Invision, Sketch, or similar
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with email marketing, customer journeys and CRM
- Experience with enterprise customer engagement software (Airship, Braze, etc)
- Experience working in digital for a sport and/or media property or platform
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a fan centric approach
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Embraces and champions diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment