We are on the brink of something big and it feels good! Strong Science, New Technology, and Influential Leadership has positioned us for success. If you are motivated by progress, and seek a collaborative and supportive culture, join our mission to positively impact the environment and humanitarian efforts through sustainable agriculture.
Kula Bio is a leader in sustainable nitrogen solutions, helping farmers improve crop yield and reduce environmental impact. We make a cost-competitive biofertilizer that boosts a naturally occurring process to deposit meaningful amounts of nitrogen in the soil. As a Research Associate you will help by performing microbiological and biochemical assays on products and product prototypes developing the fermentation process. On a regular day, you will test, process metrics, analyze and prepare/present report results to stakeholders, assist with microbial lab activities, and partner with manufacturing science and technology (MSAT) and production departments to ensure product quality standards according to established SOPs.
To thrive in this role, you are flexible, adjusting to a dynamic start-up environment with a willingness to assist other departments. You practice good laboratory procedures including aseptic techniques for microbial growth and have experience with bioreactors and fermenters in a industry laboratory setting. You have effective organization and communication skills. You have an interest in finding sustainable solutions and want to be part of a driven team.
- B.S. in Microbiology, Environmental Biology, Biology, Biotechnology or related field
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a laboratory and/or manufacturing setting
- Experience with small-scale fermentation processes
- Experience with standard microbiological methods including media and plating, serial dilution, viable cell counting, microbial screening, microbial enumeration, staining, etc.
- Proficiency in aseptic techniques (BSL1 and BSL2) for microbial growth as well as testing
Kula Bio has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all employees. This will be a condition of employment.