WRC provides a variety of insurance solutions for mutual insurers and consumers. We are currently looking for an experienced Claims Representative for our subsidiary, 1st Auto & Casualty. We offer great benefits, a variety of flexible work schedules, and options for working remotely (from Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, or Missouri) after initial training is completed.
Our claims representatives handle assigned claims with a focus on personal and commercial auto liability/injury, physical damage, and medical payments. Assignments may also include homeowners, farm owners, and umbrella claims. Handling claims includes:
· Obtaining the facts of the claim and reviewing coverage.
· Reviewing estimates, appraisals, police reports, medical bills, and other documents.
· Regularly reviewing and developing familiarity with a wide array of policy forms and endorsements.
· Timely, clear and professional communication with customers, agents, vendors, and attorneys.
· Frequently making and receiving phone calls.
· Working within your authority to timely and appropriately resolve claims and working with the management team on claims that exceed your authority.
· Using a variety of software to manage your work and document the claim file.
· Active participation in a variety of team meetings and training.
· Regular collaboration with teammates and the department.
· Regular 1:1, open conversations with your manager to discuss your role, goals, and development plan.
· Systematic training approach to help you develop your adjusting skills and knowledge of the insurance industry.
· Proven track record of developing interested employees’ knowledge and skills to help them prepare for lateral or advancement opportunities.
· A natural problem-solver.
· Strong customer service focus.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Able and willing to learn and collaborate.
· Comfortable with a fast pace.
· Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
· 2+ years of related job experience.
· Experience with bodily injury claim handling a plus.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws