Role Overview: SynTerra is accepting applications for internships across multiple groups and disciplines for summer 2023. Potential groups for internships include but are not limited to:
· Civil/environmental engineering
· Environmental science
All SynTerra internships are paid and allow flexibility for schedule and location.
Responsibilities: The following is a list of generic responsibilities an intern could expect. This list is not intended to cover all duties that an intern may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Shadows team members to learn routine practices in relevant field.
- Perform quality checks on spreadsheets, reports, charts, etc.
- Collaborate with relevant teams on miscellaneous project tasks.
- Learn about industry standards, rules, and practices.
- Complies with all current policies and procedures of SynTerra.
- Complies with all Health and Safety training in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Currently enrolled at a university, preferably junior year or above.
- Basic computer literacy, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- The intern must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
- The intern’s work environment does not require much physical movement. While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to sit.
- This position is an office environment. Depending on internship department, there may be occasional trips to customer sites required, where dust and noise may be present.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.