This position is responsible for providing strong administrative support to the CEO. Acting as a trusted point of contact, this position manages complex calendars across multiple executives and time zones, coordinating internal and external meetings, managing complex travel plans & associated expenses, creating key email communications, memos, and presentations, and supporting critical projects and initiatives. Also, this role provides support to the CEO with board of directors activities.
A successful candidate is a strong communicator, detail-oriented, with the ability to problem solve, make judgment calls, understands the soccer landscape, and moves quickly. Prior experience as an executive assistant in a fluid, fast-paced environment is a key.
- Understands business model and strategy, leverages business acumen and project management skills to support the chief executive with priorities and deliverables.
- Understands the ebbs and flows of business to anticipate chief executive's needs and leverages process management skills to prioritize according to business priorities.
- Demonstrates confidentiality while managing leaders' emails and implements appropriate sharing of sensitive information.
- Provide organizational and administrative support to CEO, including correspondence, phone screening, filing, corporate organization, travel arrangements, expense tracking and processing, ticket orders and maintaining calendars.
- Coordinate, schedule and support events, meetings, entertainment activities, and logistics – including scheduling appropriate facilities – for various meetings.
- Act as day-of-event point of contact for meetings to ensure seamless execution/delivery of objectives.
- Establish strong working relationships with executive leadership, the Assistant to Board President, and other stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Coordinate speaking engagements and create any necessary presentation materials.
- Support, collaborate on and/or lead cross-functional initiatives and projects as identified by the CEO.
- Assist in the transactional management of budgeting and expense monitoring as needed.
- Assist other members of the senior executive leadership team as needed.
- Assist with personal scheduling and travel as needed.
- 5-7 years experience supporting the most senior executive(s) in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team building skills among all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated fluency on Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point.
- Demonstrated communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an organized manner and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including nights, weekends and occasional travel for annual meetings
- Fast responsive and able to work flexibly across multiple time zones
- Able to stay calm under pressure and work on short deadlines
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects, and switch easily between tasks
- Independent worker, with strong judgment and ability to problem solve and make decisions quickly
- Discreet with the ability to maintain confidential information
- Prior experience working in the sports industry, non-profit, or national governing body.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business, or related field.
- Problem solving and on-the-spot troubleshooting expertise.
- Poise and professional presence.
- Fluency both verbal and written in Spanish, or another language
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment