The Title Specialist is responsible for gathering documentation to send titles out to the title agencies for
processing and verifying all information is correct; including sales tax, matching documentation,
assignments, signatures, etc. They will ensure original titles; both perfected and non- perfected are
checked in within a timely manner, customer requests for title issues, will work with title agency and
Docs/Funding to ensure follow up is completed on all outstanding title issues and are received within the
timeline set forth. In addition, a title specialist will assist in communications with internal requests for title
Reports To: Supervisor, Titling
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Gathers appropriate documents to be sent to the title agency and verifies all information is correct: sales tax, title assignments and all corresponding documentation matches.
- Works with internal departments assisting with follow up on outstanding originals, perfected, and correcting errors on titles.
- Completes follow up with Vendors and Title Agencies to insure title perfection is completed
- Ensures original titles; both perfected and non-perfected are checked in, within a timely manner and documentation is updated in the contract file. Contacts Vendors to resolve title assignment errors upon receipt of title.
- Understands the urgency to expedite titling if necessary
- Displays Patience, Empathy and a Positive attitude with all customers, internal and external.
- Assists customers with questions regarding titling by providing accurate, valid and complete information in a timely manner . If other resources are needed knows when to reach out for assistance
- Ensures notes are appropriately noted in Aspire, Salesforce and LP regarding titling
- Answers incoming requests from customers both internal and external in a fast, friendly and flexible manner
Changes & Preparation
- Effectively uses AmurEF lease software programs; ASPIRE/LP/Salesforce along with MS Word and Excel
- Participates fully in training of new programs
- Assist others with Title assignment approvals upon request.
- Stay abreast of title regulations
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years vehicle title experience preferred but not required
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional PC skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite as well as customer applications and systems
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Capable of supporting our Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values
- Effective Communication
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such
as computers, phones, and copy machine with scanner, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to talk or hear; may be
necessary to stand, walk, handle, or reach with hands or arms. This is largely a sedentary role; however,
some filing is required, calling for the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool
as necessary. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is occasionally
required to pack and move files or boxes as well as lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust
focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position may have access to confidential information. Background check is required for this position.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of Amur Equipment Finance are Monday through Friday, 8:00
a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Flexibility to occasionally stay late to meet business needs.
No travel is expected of this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.