The Employee will understand the market and the Company’s philosophy for the purpose of developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies. The Employee will increase the sales of the Company’s products through distributors, retail stores, contractors or other outlets as directed by the Company. The Employee will persuade homeowners, installers and/or architects to use, increase, or maintain their use of the Company’s products.
The responsibilities of the Territory Manager, after an appropriate training period, include but are not limited to the following:
· Understand the market and the Company’s philosophy for the purpose of developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies.
· Increase the sales of the Company’s products through distributors, retail stores, contractors or other outlets as directed by the Company; persuade homeowners, installers and/or architects to use, increase, or maintain their use of the Company’s products.
· Assess the market conditions and develop yearly goals and objectives within the framework of the marketing and sales plans, and in concert with the Company’s own goals.
· Develop and implement action plans to ensure the achievement of set goals and objectives.
· Sell Schluter products to identified audiences according to Company marketing guidelines through the use of the Company’s selling techniques, sales aids, etc.
· Maintain sound and current administrative records and files for the management of your territory.
· Assume responsibility for the effective expenditure of funds and the use of materials and equipment in your care.
· Complete and forward reports, expense accounts, etc., as directed by Schluter management.
· Attend and participate in Schluter sales meetings and Company-approved training sessions.
· Maintain sound knowledge of all Schluter products and competitive products.
· Maintain, effectively manage, and provide storage for Company samples, literature and promotional materials.
· Complete special projects as directed by Schluter management.
· Work within the geographic territory as directed by Schluter to network and cultivate professional relationships with key contacts and opinion leaders.
· Represent Schluter Systems L.P. in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner in all matters.
· Participate and help coordinate the sales efforts for Company products involving other territories and salespersons.
· Performs all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory.
· Outside sales experience with tile installation materials or other technical sales.
· Familiarity with Company products, territories, markets, and clients.
· Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated leadership skills.
· Time and territory management abilities.
· Proven problem-solving abilities.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
· Ability to attend and actively participate in national, regional, and team meetings with overnight stays.
· Ability to travel daily up to 80 percent of the time meeting customers and using the remaining time for planning, preparation and training.
· Ability to drive a Company vehicle and pass a driving record background check (including moving violations, accidents, license suspensions, etc.) to be insurable with the Company’s insurer without surcharges or other additional charges.
o Company-owned vehicles may only be operated by authorized employees and for business purposes only.
o Any driver of a Company-owned vehicle shall, at all times, hold and maintain state driving privileges in the driver’s state of residence without restrictions, unless such restrictions are approved by the Company in its sole discretion
· Willingness to comply with all Company policies and procedures at all times.
· Willingness to attend appropriate educational workshops.
· Generous PTO
· 10 Paid Holidays
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· Guaranteed Biannual Bonuses
· 401k with Company Match
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Annual Raises
· Room for Advancement
Schluter Systems is a family-owned and internationally renowned company that has been rapidly growing over the last 10 years. The Schluter brand is backed by a team of people working together to create a line of innovative products that provide solutions to the tile industry. We’re looking to build our team with individuals who like to think BIG, and want to be part of what makes our products-- extraordinary. We are a company that treats its employees, suppliers, and customers as long-term partners. Where success is built on a win-win philosophy and everyone should benefit.
"Profit is not the goal of the business. Profit is the consequence of a job well done" Werner Schluter, Founder
Are you interested in a truly unique and special company? Hear from our employees on what it means to be part of the Schluter family: http://www.schluter.com/careers . Then if you’re ready to see life in Orange, talk to us about this career opportunity at Schluter Systems.
Schluter Systems L.P. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.