Summary: Develop and maintain a Quality Assurance Program and systems that ensures products sourced and manufactured in house meet customers specifications and achieves superior quality and reliability standards.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes – responsible for all supervisory management activities, including hiring, performance management and any applicable disciplinary action.
· Develop and maintain a quality production program to ensure conformity of purchased material and final products meet documented quality standards.
· Visit vendor facilities, and meet with customers, quality representatives, and company personnel to discuss and to resolve quality problems as required.
· Summarize and report defect analyses, corrective actions, implementation status and effectiveness.
· Monitor and evaluate incoming material and outbound finished goods to a set of Company quality standards and expectations.
· Develop and maintain testing processes and requirements to gauge acceptance and rejection criteria.
· Develop and maintain guidelines to effectively communicate Company’s requirements and expectations to our present and future supply partnerships.
· Provide monthly and quarterly performance reports for top vendors to Procurement and upper management.
· Support Customer Service in resolving QC issues.
· Interface with Procurement, Engineering, Manufacturing, and supply base to resolve product and service issues.
· Participate in product development process.
· Plan and control rework processing as necessary.
· Assist Procurement and Engineering in new supplier evaluations.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Maintain a clean working environment.
· Ensure that assigned team receives proper training of best practices, processes, and procedures.
· Responsible for daily reporting in specified production area.
· Enforce compliance of safety rules/regulations and company standards.
· Other duties and responsibilities as required
· Know how to read blueprints and understand product drawings
· Experience with basic and advance quality inspection tools
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Power point.
· Experience with ERP/MRP with shop floor/manufacturing is desired.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong work ethic, self-motivated and results driven.
· Ability to travel as required
· 3 + years or more experience as Quality Manager in a manufacturing environment or similar role.
· Bachelor’s technical based degree is desired