The Staff Accountant is responsible for various day-to-day accounting activities including analytical finance, budgets, KPIs, variance analysis, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash applications, journal entries, bank deposits, online transfers, divisional allocations, bank/credit card and general ledger reconciliations, and all other related duties as assigned. This position is one of trust and warrants compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with analytical financial projects including the tracking of KPIs and Dashboards.
- Assist with preparations of budgets, forecasting, variance analysis and analysis of financial results.
- Prepare and evaluate management information and monthly performance reports, reviewing month-end results and analytics.
- Support with the management of the day-to-day general accounting functions including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Review variance reconciliation of general ledger accounts and assist with internal financial audits to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Review bank deposits and allocations for accuracy.
- Perform daily bank transfers from physician to operating accounts to cover expenses paid.
- Support with bank reconciliations for all divisions.
- Responsible for corporate credit card reconciliations.
- Reconcile cash receipts including Care Credit Program.
- Maintain updated allocation spreadsheet reports, analyze and verify information within.
- Review invoices, purchase orders and packing slips to ensure accuracy with pricing and allocate to perspective divisions.
- Support in facilitating purchasing of vendor supplies and/or services related to equipment leases and maintenance agreements.
- Support in bookkeeping functions for other physician’s lectures, consulting and research divisions via QuickBooks.
- Invoice for lectures and evaluation research study patients for participating physicians.
- Support with related divisions intercompany reconciliations.
- Assist CFO with finance/accounting projects and reports as needed or requested.
- Analyze medical insurance consortium finances
- Support with the reconciliation of benefit insurance invoices to employee payroll deductions, allocate and perform payment as well as bill benefits to employees when out on leave.
- Monitor and allocate HRA via ACH transfers.
- Support with 401-k payment transfer for company physician partners.
- Support with the preparation and submission of annual 1099/1096
- Support with annual equipment tangible tax forms.
- Invoice on-call services for company (Women & Infants/Life Span Newport Hospital).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Possess 5 + years of analytical finance and general accounting experience with strong knowledge of QuickBooks
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Capability of researching discrepancies and provide problem resolutions.
- Willingness to cross-train and automate, when necessary.
- Ability to work independently, effectively with other supervisors, employees, and departments, as well as being able to accept direction.
- Must be a self-motivated team player with a professional demeanor, good interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to handle high volume work.
- Detail oriented and organized in work; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a courteous and respectful manner to all employees.
- Work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees, vendors and patients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone presentation.
- This position will report directly to the CFO.
- All Finance Department information must be held in strict confidence, including confidentiality of vendors, distributors and personnel.
- This position is full-time, 40-hour position, exempt, Monday through Friday (8:30am-5:00pm).