Job Title: Weekend Housekeeper
Reports To: Facilities Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, Part-time (~16 hrs./week, WEEKENDS ONLY)
Under the general direction of the Facilities Manager, our Housekeepers are, as a team, responsible for the regular cleaning of the Lederer Theater Center, Aborn offices, and Pell Chafee Performance Center. In addition, the Housekeepers will provide cleaning as needed for any production housing, apprentice housing, annual deep carpet and upholstered chair cleaning, and other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager. This is a part-time, year-round position. ONLY weekend work needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures that patrons have a positive experience when attending a Trinity Rep performance or special event due to buildings being safe, clean, and comfortable
- Ensures that fellow Trinity Rep staff have clean, safe, and comfortable workspace
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and working relationships with co-workers and supervisors
- Collects and disposes of all trash and recycling
- Sweeps, vacuums, scrubs, and mops floors as planned
- Dusts and wipes all surfaces as planned
- Washes walls, windows, furniture, baseboards and other items as planned
- Services, cleans, and supplies restrooms
- Cleans windows, glass doors, and mirrors using cleaning solutions, sponges, and squeegees
- Sweeps and removes any trash from sidewalks around the Lederer Theater Center and Pell Chafee Performance Center
- Wipes and cleans tabletops, chairs, and equipment in food areas
- Disinfects all seats in our theaters after each performance using electrostatic spraying equipment
- Seeks out areas requiring cleaning and takes initiative to complete the task
- Monitor inventory of cleaning supplies and alert supervisor to place an order when necessary
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes furniture, walls, and equipment; annually cleans ceilings, light fixtures, and overhead vents
- Removes stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using cleaning solutions
- Keeps supplies closet neat and orderly and maintains equipment in good working order
- Completes annual deep carpet cleaning of all carpeted areas
- Maintains building security by ensuring locked doors and armed security systems after operating hours
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Professional experience in cleaning/janitorial services a plus, but not required.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers and supervisors in writing, by telephone, and through face-to-face conversation.
Other Qualifications: Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities. Must have a positive, results-oriented, flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team. Must be able to stay focused and remain self-motivated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and crawl
· Must be able to regularly move about to access utility areas of our buildings
· Must be able to climb stairs
· Must have the physical ability to move objects weighing up to 30 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Currently, due to the pandemic, on-site work must carried forth pursuant to the protocols in Trinity Rep’s COVID-19 Safety Plan and Protocols.
· The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high.
· Trinity Rep is a collaborative work environment, and employees are expected to be open and willing to collaborate across departments and teams.
· This position requires work on weekends, with some holidays as scheduled in advance.
Trinity Repertory Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse, equitable, and anti-racist environment. For information about Trinity Rep’s commitment to antiracism, please visit trinityrep.com/antiracism.